Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,137 times

Advertisements

I am hoping that someone can help me because I am confused and NYDOL is no help at all. I became unemployed November 15, 2010. I stated to claim benefits 11/29/2010. My year ended 12/4/2011. Now within my year I was eligible for one of the extensions and had enough unemployment to get me through the end of January. I went to go certify for weekly benefits before and it says my year has ended. Am I allowed to reopen the claim or file a new claim. I am till unemployed with no luck of finding a job? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 AM

194 posts, read 444,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilello28 View Post
I am hoping that someone can help me because I am confused and NYDOL is no help at all. I became unemployed November 15, 2010. I stated to claim benefits 11/29/2010. My year ended 12/4/2011. Now within my year I was eligible for one of the extensions and had enough unemployment to get me through the end of January. I went to go certify for weekly benefits before and it says my year has ended. Am I allowed to reopen the claim or file a new claim. I am till unemployed with no luck of finding a job? Any help would be appreciated.
You're going to have to file a new claim. Call their hotline (1-888-209-8124) and follow the prompts. The rep will walk you through the process. If you have been certifying weekly, after the process is complete, any "missing" payments will be released.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
I am also on unemployment, you have to file a new claim. I became unemployed in May 2010 after being in a job for 8 years, my benefits ended in may 2011 I filed a new claim and have benefits until June 2012. If you have a part time job you can still collect part time benefits. I have a part time job since october as a sub in a school cafeteria so I only work when they call me in. like the OP said you have to call or you can file a new claim online. I would call first.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:02 PM

8 posts, read 28,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I am also on unemployment, you have to file a new claim. I became unemployed in May 2010 after being in a job for 8 years, my benefits ended in may 2011 I filed a new claim and have benefits until June 2012. If you have a part time job you can still collect part time benefits. I have a part time job since october as a sub in a school cafeteria so I only work when they call me in. like the OP said you have to call or you can file a new claim online. I would call first.
I just found employment after searching for a year. Had part time stuff, but nothing serious. I was working in electrical and the industry dried up. Luckily I had a background in IT, so I could go back to that - but not without being turned down more times than I care to remember. Luckily someone decided to take a chance on an older guy. Anyway, I came across this when I was searching for funding to go back to school to re-train. It is a free tuition contest for $10000 (they are a legit company that rents books to students). All you need to do is like their facebook page - that's it. I hope this can help someone.

Good luck and merry xmas!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:00 PM

294 posts, read 743,708 times
Sorry I can't help with your request, but just a general note that if you put something more specific in your subject heading besides "Help", you're more likely to get the answers you're seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: