Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 05:04 PM

12 posts, read 6,705 times

Advertisements

As most of you have noticed, while living on Long Island, the rise of atv's and dirt bikes used on the streets. Nobody seemed to give a crap and I must admit neither did I until now this became my problem since it's moved into my neighborhood. At 1st there was the one house about 5 years ago, now there are about 4 houses on my block with the 20 somethings living in those homes who are actively taking part in this. The reason why it's my problem is because I'm right in the middle of them and am surrounded. Like clockwork around after 4pm my block basically becomes a private drag strip for stunting and all sorts of annoying crap. My one truck that I park on the street has now become a spectator bench where I've come out 5 times already over the last 2 years asking them to not do that. As I'm writing this now I am doing so while enjoying the constant roar of a dirt bike engine as it goes up and down the block. This is an everyday thing and becomes much worse on weekends since even more of their friends show up and basically shut down the block.

Talking to the parents does absolutely nothing. Cops keep coming here just to park for 10 minutes, get verbally abused and then they leave. I've got security camera footage as these guys basically lean across the hood of the Suffolk PD cruiser and just let loose with all sort of colorful language. As the cops drive away they are being reminded to "get the eff of their block."

Yes, I have the option of selling my house which I own, getting a new loan and basically be back in the rat race of trying to pay off another house. I would like to leave that as my last option if possible. What are my other "legal options" that I can try before I throw up the for sale sign. I've been trying to find out who I have to write to, who I have to call, there is nothing about that anywhere. It looks like the politicians just want you to keep calling the cops and repeating the cycle with no end of it. Help please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hl9nLsp27s

Where I live makes an appearance in this video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 06:20 PM

1,464 posts, read 756,714 times
Move

Old 05-05-2021, 06:44 AM

84 posts, read 46,555 times
This is what happens when you dont support law enforcement and tide their hands. What could cops do? Chase them down so they could lose their job when one of them get hurt. Or even better, have cops attempt to take the bikes away and then get into a fight with them and then make it a race issue.

Best thing to do is move

Old 05-05-2021, 08:11 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,154,094 times
^ Agree.

Moving is the most idiotic answer to this situation. But unfortunately it’s probably the best way to get away from it if the cops won’t do anything about it. I’ve seen these morons on Sunrise Highway service road riding wheelies etc.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:24 AM

84 posts, read 46,555 times
The vid is Nothing compared to whats going on in nyc. They block highways and terrorizes the streets. Rules for law enf is to terminate the pursuit if there is a risk regarding safety.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:31 AM

7,924 posts, read 9,147,374 times
Nothing will be done. It is your choice what you want to do. Cops rightfully wont get involved when it involves a protected class. Such are the joys of a sanctuary state.

Move before you snap or accidentally hit one of the morons getting out of your driveway and lose your house in a lawsuit.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:45 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,520 times
Of course the cops won't do anything. It's probably their kids and friends doing it!

Old 05-05-2021, 11:22 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Of course the cops won't do anything. It's probably their kids and friends doing it!
LOL uh did you see the video? Very unlikely.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:23 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Nothing will be done. It is your choice what you want to do. Cops rightfully wont get involved when it involves a protected class. Such are the joys of a sanctuary state.

Move before you snap or accidentally hit one of the morons getting out of your driveway and lose your house in a lawsuit.
Pretty much this. Get out of there while you can. Unfortunately you are in a losing battle.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:07 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
LOL uh did you see the video? Very unlikely.
No Pec, I was being facetious. Why would I waste my time on a video from a nimby whining about dirt bikes and ATV's? I'm never surprised to hear LI is actually a bunch 'o deplorables in denial. I'm surprised that someone is surprised that no one in authority cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: