Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 12:08 AM

11,636 posts, read 12,706,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
^^ I didn't expect that have this much trouble with them. The fact that I got locked out of my account 3 times in the past 2 days when trying to transfer money put me over the edge. I spent a good hour of my day yesterday on the phone with a chase rep to move over money. I did my part and followed their instructions to a Tee. However I got locked out of my account because they have no documentation of my phone conversation with the Chase rep that morning. I ended up spending 2 hours on the phone with them yesterday trying to resolve this problem.

Now they want me to go to a branch, speak to a rep about moving my money, setup a 3 way call with the bank (again), show them I have the money in the other bank, etc, etc.

The hassle they put me through this past week is astounding. I have a few other bank accounts and have two credit cards with Chase. I've never had to deal with this sort of lack of communication and frustration with any financial institution. Getting a loan for a house required less work than this.
I'm going into one of their branches on Tuesday to speak to a rep and hopefully get this addressed. I'm willing to give them one more chance. If I get locked out one more time, I'm cutting all ties with them.
I also have had terrible experiences with Chase. The customer service support at the branches was terrible. A few months ago, the branch where I kept a safety deposit box closed. Before it closed, of course, I withdrew the contents and returned the keys. They wouldn't give me a pro-rated refund, but only a voucher to open another SD box at a different branch (none of them local). That really was the least of my problems with Chase and even as I walked away from that branch that closed, they were still trying to sell me more of their "products." They lost my business forever.

Although I had other issues with Chase, my experience was somewhat similar to the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 07:48 AM

487 posts, read 1,375,243 times
Does anyone have any experience with TFCU (Teachers Federal Credit Union)? Considering a move from NEFCU to them as there doesn't seem to be a NEFCU branch where I plan to move.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:08 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldginpa View Post
Does anyone have any experience with TFCU (Teachers Federal Credit Union)? Considering a move from NEFCU to them as there doesn't seem to be a NEFCU branch where I plan to move.

They're ok. Nothing special, nothing horrible in my experience. Not too many branches and they collapsed their Saturday hours from 9-4 to 9-12 or 9-2, can't remember. But the branches are flooded with people on Saturdays. They handled my stuff ok, but then again, i'm not doing anything more than depositing/withdrawal, moving accounts.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:10 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I hate all banks. Minions of the devil.
But, I inherited Chase via the WaMu takeover.
I have to admit I've never had any major issues banking with them. Even had a mortgage with them for my previous home. Another plus is there is a branch on nearly every corner of town across the country.

Is that why you opened one up in your home?

Old 03-28-2019, 01:00 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
T&D. Credit Union. CU has been great for car & home loans.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:24 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
My bank was paying me 2% on a money market account but is offering 2.25% for "new money" (i.e. money not already at the bank). I asked if I could get that rate without new money because other banks are offering more than 2% and while I'd rather stay with them, I would go elsewhere for a higher rate. After a few hours they called back and gave me the 2.25% rate without new money. It's a smaller bank. Banks like Citi couldn't care less if you take your money elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island