Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if this chain has any locations on Long Island? I have been told that there is one on Long Island Avenue in Wyandanch right off of Deer Park Avenue, is this true or are people pulling a joke using the stereotype of Black people liking fried chicken?

I recently went to Puerto Rico and ate at one and I discovered their honey biscuits and BBQ chicken strips which I thought were better then KFC's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,540 times
There was a churchs chicken a million years ago in Coram near where the old multiplex was.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:39 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,508,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Does anyone know if this chain has any locations on Long Island? I have been told that there is one on Long Island Avenue in Wyandanch right off of Deer Park Avenue, is this true or are people pulling a joke using the stereotype of Black people liking fried chicken?

I recently went to Puerto Rico and ate at one and I discovered their honey biscuits and BBQ chicken strips which I thought were better then KFC's.
A few years ago most White Castles started selling Church's Chicken but I think they stopped recently, I never ate it. I'm partial to Kennedy Fried Chicken - an obvious rip off but way better in every regard!! There's one on Fulton Street in Hempstead, along with about 10 other chicken places between Hofstra and the train station. I hear some of the smaller non-chain ones are really good but I've never tried.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,073 times
By the mall in Massepequa on Sunrise Highway, there is a combo White Castle/Church's Chicken, I've driven by it many times.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:50 PM

16,664 posts, read 17,426,834 times
Is Church's Chicken any good?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:04 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Is Church's Chicken any good?
I happen to think its better then KFC but thats my opinion. Being that its a fast food place its obviously not the best food in the world but its pretty decent if you ask me.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:58 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,676,751 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with East Massapequa

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
By the mall in Massepequa on Sunrise Highway ...
That would be in East Massapequa, right?

For those who may not be familiar with East Massapequa:

East Massapequa is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the southeast part of the Town of Oyster Bay, in the southeast part of Nassau County, along the Oyster Bay/Babylon town line and the Nassau/Suffolk County line.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of East Massapequa in the Town of Oyster Bay is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of South Farmingdale; on the east by the Hamlet of North Amityville and the Village of Amityville in the Town of Babylon, Suffolk County (the Oyster Bay/Babylon town line and the Nassau/Suffolk County line); on the south by the Great South Bay; and, on the west by the Village of Massapequa Park.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/East-massapequa-ny-map.gif (broken link)

East Massapequa is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: places in the Hamlet of East Massapequa have a "Massapequa, NY 11758", "Massapequa Park, 11762" and "Amityville, NY 11701" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): http://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,655,692 times
Try Pollo Mario and/or Pollo Campero in Hempstead...South American fried chicken, yuca fries, etc...great stuff.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 AM

128 posts, read 234,861 times
Wyandanch and Skelden (Seldon) by the OTB joint, bring your permits, mace and your gun if you go after dark

Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 PM

4 posts, read 27,411 times
Yes there is a churchs fried chicken in brentwood on suffolk ave. There use to be one in Wyndanch now ti is Crowns fried chicken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island