Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 02:16 PM

28 posts, read 22,100 times

Advertisements

Looking at Nassau County, South Shore (they want to stay close to the beaches):

Minimum Requirements

they would like to stay at or below 600k & 14k taxes.

Must haves -

Decent Neighborhood - they don't mind diversity - low crime, they have a child and want a quiet life.

Move in READY (permits up to date!) (nothing other than paint needed)

3 BR/2 Bath
Finished Basement
Minimum 1800 sq ft interior space
Minimum 6000 sq ft lot
Above or Below Ground Pool (w/ Fenced in yard)
Detached 2 Car Garage (preferably insulated & heated - but fine without)
Screened in Porch.

I told them "good luck" - but curious to see what you all think.

Personally I don't think they will find that combination on the South Shore for less than 700k in today's market, but prove me wrong - keep in mind, that must have list is a hard must have list. They are not interested in paying contractors and filing any permits of the sort.

before you ask any questions - know that I cannot provide any answers - this is all I was told, I'm not speaking for them nor can I answer any questions on their behalf - the list I was given is above and am curious as to this forums input - THAT'S ALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Why don't you look on MLSLI or zillow at homes along the south shore? It's one thing to ask about a neighborhood but if you want a particular house in a specific neighborhood them you're going to have to do some searching.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:43 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Wanting a pool limits their selection a lot. I understand they don't want to pay contractors but if they were flexible about the pool, they'd have more available to them and then could put in the pool after they move in.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Wanting a pool limits their selection a lot. I understand they don't want to pay contractors but if they were flexible about the pool, they'd have more available to them and then could put in the pool after they move in.
Like I said - are there any neighborhood that can satisfy this list? Let's work with the list at hand here people.

I literally gave you everything, if you cant think of anything, why comment?

I'll start, seeing as it looks like I need to evoke a reaction.

I suggested they look at - South Baldwin/Harbor - Bellmore - Merrick - Seaford. I believe somewhere in these towns they can find all of the items they would like.

or maybe the better question is - what would you pay for everything on that list?

Old 06-25-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
WOW. I was not in any way trying to be a bully and was trying to give you a suggestion to do some searching. No one is going to find your dream house for "your CO-Worker" with all the requirements you asked for. That requires detailed searching. That is how I found my house, after many months of searching. If you took my suggestion as an insult then too bad.
you literally gave the typical forum moderator answer "do a search".

If I wanted to pull a thread from 2008 I would have done just that, more relevant information, from today's day and age would be way more helpful, thanks!

Old 06-25-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthesecrets View Post
Like I said - are there any neighborhood that can satisfy this list? Let's work with the list at hand here people.

I literally gave you everything, if you cant think of anything, why comment?

I'll start, seeing as it looks like I need to evoke a reaction.

I suggested they look at - South Baldwin/Harbor - Bellmore - Merrick - Seaford. I believe somewhere in these towns they can find all of the items they would like.

or maybe the better question is - what would you pay for everything on that list?
Not really.

I think they are asking for too much and are going to have to sacrifice, likely on the pool.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:01 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthesecrets View Post
you literally gave the typical forum moderator answer "do a search".

If I wanted to pull a thread from 2008 I would have done just that, more relevant information, from today's day and age would be way more helpful, thanks!
No that's not what I said. But whatever, good luck on your house search.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:06 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Wow.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 PM

I did find one in Seaford for less than $600k but as suspected it needs a lot of updating.

Sorry, it might be only a one car garage.

My point is they will not likely find anything @ that price.

https://www.mlsli.com/homes-for-sale...1783-275638904

I think to get everything they want, well into $700's @ least and they will be very limited. There are literally 4 houses in Baldwin with pools and one is not even a house, it's a condo.

People don't want pools, they are liabilities.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I did find one in Seaford for less than $600k but as suspected it needs a lot of updating.

Sorry, it might be only a one car garage.

My point is they will not likely find anything @ that price.

https://www.mlsli.com/homes-for-sale...1783-275638904

I think to get everything they want, well into $700's @ least and they will be very limited. There are literally 4 houses in Baldwin with pools and one is not even a house, it's a condo.

People don't want pools, they are liabilities.

Thank you for an actual answer JDawg - sorry you had to actually pull an MLS search. I tried all that myself.

I appreciate your honest response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island