Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 02:15 PM

487 posts, read 1,379,273 times

Advertisements

Rockwood Avenue in Baldwin is a busy road. Many people use it as a cut-through from Merrick Road to Sunrise Highway....I do it myself all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 02:26 PM

24 posts, read 19,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Found it.

https://www.redfin.com/NY/Baldwin/22...home/169389205

Looks nice. Curious to see the front.

Really nice inside. I'd buy that.

New construction is hard to come by in Nassau.

The front looks like the house in merrick (same contractor.... 1371 noel ct, merrick)

Old 01-09-2020, 02:33 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,449,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki520 View Post
The front looks like the house in merrick (same contractor.... 1371 noel ct, merrick)
Really nice and almost $200k cheaper in Baldwin.

Something to think about.

I mean I can't afford it anyway, but even if I could, IDK that I could justify paying $829k for a house anywhere honestly (that's what they want for the Merrick house)

Also it's just me and my husband and sometimes we have people stay with us (we fostered for a while / have in-laws out of state) … so we just need something with @ least one extra bedroom. We have 3 bedrooms now. Our house is very small. Easy to maintain, cheap, not a lot to clean … big houses are a lot of work and a lot 'house' for just 2 people.

Granted, you guys are more than 2 so you probably a need a bigger house. The Merrick house looks lovely if you can afford it.

Old 01-09-2020, 02:43 PM

48 posts, read 29,938 times
Quote:

I mean I can't afford it anyway, but even if I could, IDK that I could justify paying $829k for a house anywhere honestly (that's what they want for the Merrick house)

Also it's just me and my husband and sometimes we have people stay with us (we fostered for a while / have in-laws out of state) … so we just need something with @ least one extra bedroom. We have 3 bedrooms now. Our house is very small. Easy to maintain, cheap, not a lot to clean … big houses are a lot of work and a lot 'house' for just 2 people.

Granted, you guys are more than 2 so you probably a need a bigger house. The Merrick house looks lovely if you can afford it.
Merrick house is nice with an incredibly large backyard (landlocked parcel of land). It's unfortunately the nicest house on the block by a long-shot.

Old 01-09-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommutinJoe View Post
Merrick house is nice with an incredibly large backyard (landlocked parcel of land). It's unfortunately the nicest house on the block by a long-shot.
I have to wonder why they haven't shown pictures of the bedrooms though.

Also the basement is unfinished. I think $829k is a lot for that house. It's nice but I bet you the bedrooms look like crap, otherwise don't you think they'd show pictures? Unless they are just not ready yet ...

Old 01-09-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I have to wonder why they haven't shown pictures of the bedrooms though.

Also the basement is unfinished. I think $829k is a lot for that house. It's nice but I bet you the bedrooms look like crap, otherwise don't you think they'd show pictures? Unless they are just not ready yet ...
I've been in the house. Rooms are complete (and what you would expect them to look like - nice). Higher end kitchen appliances and Pella windows throughout if I recall.

With new construction I believe most basements are unfinished until closing/CO issued and then added later without a permit to avoid getting banged on taxes.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I've been in the house. Rooms are complete (and what you would expect them to look like - nice). Higher end kitchen appliances and Pella windows throughout if I recall.

With new construction I believe most basements are unfinished until closing/CO issued and then added later without a permit to avoid getting banged on taxes.
Why no pictures of the bedrooms then?

Was it like a knock-down and then re-build? Can't imagine where there are empty lots in Merrick

Old 01-09-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Why no pictures of the bedrooms then?

Was it like a knock-down and then re-build? Can't imagine where there are empty lots in Merrick

No clue on the pics. Backyard is the big selling point in my opinion and no pic of that either.

Definite knock down.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:

They gave us a tour of the house in merrick.... the finishes are really really nice... the kitchen has $6,000 stove ( they said the future buyer wanted that.... but im not sure why the house still shows in zillow and you can see they went down in price).... we didnt like the backyward.... it is huge but it goes towards the right side of the next door house lol

Old 01-09-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:

yes correct.. unfinished basement.... and they give you mechanical/plumbing/electrical guarantee for 2 years and 6 years structural.... but you cant do anything to the basement for 2 years (that's what they told us)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island