Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2020, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 440 times

Advertisements

how many students are in the Herricks School District? How many in the Manhasset School District?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 09:57 AM

13,058 posts, read 18,146,601 times
Why not google that for yourself like anyone else will? You really don't think that is information that is on the tip of someone's tongue do you? Maybe for a home district, but not the other one. Unless of course you are very lucky and another poster has already researched this.

Old 08-31-2020, 10:09 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,335,228 times
You can venmo me SlickNstick69

https://data.nysed.gov/

Old 08-31-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
You can venmo me SlickNstick69

https://data.nysed.gov/
You are feeding the snowflake by doing his work.

Old 08-31-2020, 02:17 PM

235 posts, read 248,476 times
Each October, the teachers and staff have to compile BEDS forms to send to the State Education Department. Newsday should be publishing this information in charts, but generally fails to do so. The catch is total enrollment vs. grade-by-grade enrollment. Before the coronavirus hit, these numbers would be far more meaningful. Example: In some parts of Long Island, the housing tracts boomed in 1953-1960. This led to a boom-and-bust cycle, as the youngsters moved to college and away. I can recall one time when 8th grade had twice the numbers of 2nd grade, and not even the teachers' union spoke of the impending lose of jobs and closing of buildings.
---
It should be easy to ask the district clerk (of the district you live in) for a grade-by-grade enrollment list. Supply a stamped-addressed envelope and a chart the clerk can fill in. One time the reluctant clerk said, "We need a freedom-of-information form." I pressed as a resident, and the info came immediately.
---
The number of graduating seniors should be a good barometer. However, I have closely followed the publicity surrounding this covid year's graduations, and numbers are not forthcoming. The Catholic schools that boast the loudest also do not disclose actual graduation figures nor the enrollment per grade. On the elementary level, several Catholic schools have closed at K-8 enrollment of 100 or less, when they had been declaring numbers higher than 300.
---
I suspect that colleges are also hiding enrollment problems.
---
The salesmen for a new car dealership do not disclose they have hundreds of inventory in a lot two miles away. Schools do not disclose they need your child.

Old 08-31-2020, 02:46 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,854,034 times
There's a few more in Herricks than in Manhasset.

Old 09-01-2020, 04:29 PM

226 posts, read 129,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You are feeding the snowflake by doing his work.
IMO, there's a big difference between giving someone the answer and telling someone "the answer you're looking for can be found in..." but to each their own.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:05 PM

235 posts, read 248,476 times
Figures probably from October, 2018.
Manhasset K-12. 3,220 students
Herricks K-12. 3,959 students.
Massapequa K-12. 6,764 students.

Source:
https://data.nysed.gov/profile.php?county=28

There are all sorts of data on that site, but it includes only public and charter schools. I suggest that since all schools receive NYS money for the collection of this data, all school figures should be posted.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
IMO, there's a big difference between giving someone the answer and telling someone "the answer you're looking for can be found in..." but to each their own.
I suggested they try google like everyone does. Sorry, laziness is just not something I am willing to feed into. I refuse to spoon feed someone and tell them where to look for an answer. That party went to the trouble to sign up for CD. It would have been faster to simply google it. Let Abe go to his mommy if he needs help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island