Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 06:55 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetinlongisland View Post
Hello. Please be kind and god bless you. I am here to ask abojut this in forums and do want to know and you can do ignore. I want to ask questions and not get bullied and know the children are safe and ask about long island so please let me ask and god bless you.
Hahaha! Welcome back! Any new info on vortexes or mystic portals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Of course that will be the response.

I oppose defunding the police, BLM narrative of racist cop violence is wildly exaggerated, etc.

But we need professional police forces, not mafia-style guilds. If the situation with this case doesn't prove to you that the SCPD needs to be disbanded, than what WOULD?

Obviously the average beat cop on the force is not involved in party houses where drugs, prostitution, and murder take place (I hope). But they all KNOW about it and won't "rat" on their superiors. At least one cop knows what Burke was up to and should have gone to the FBI if they actually think their oath had any merit.
You really believe that conspiracy crap that Burke was the killer?

Old 02-02-2021, 07:29 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
You really believe that conspiracy crap that Burke was the killer?
Burke might not be THE killer, but he might be involved somehow. Could be covering for a fellow cop or family member or someone “connected”. That department has such a history of nonsense and corruption you never know. Nothing would shock or surprise me.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Burke might not be THE killer, but he might be involved somehow. Could be covering for a fellow cop or family member or someone “connected”. That department has such a history of nonsense and corruption you never know. Nothing would shock or surprise me.
Or it could be some psycho that has zero connection to the police dept whatsoever.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:17 PM

1,263 posts, read 562,391 times
Also think of how desolate that area is. Probably a lot of unrelated bodies dumped there. I imagine it may have been a good spot for mob bodies, especially in the early days after the parkway was built.

Old 02-03-2021, 06:35 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Quote:
Or it could be some psycho that has zero connection to the police dept whatsoever.
I think it’s someone “connected”. Cop, politician, whatever.
At least for some of the murders. They’re not all from the same killer(s).
That whole stretch is a great place to dump a body. If they started on the Meadowbrook and canvassed all the way to Bob Moses park, I’m sure they’d find A LOT more bodies.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:02 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times
Quote:
Based on how they let that guy in Oak Beach go, the last one to see her alive, the one she was running from and calling 911 about somehow never gets arrested or even heavily scrutinized and then he moves?!? The driver who brought her there? No case? That is where the coverup is... They questioned these guys and then let them disappear. That smells of police involvement to me.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:00 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,221,736 times
You want a noose in a NASCAR garage investigated, call the FBI. Real crime solved? You are on your own.

Famous But Incompetent

Old 02-03-2021, 12:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
The BEST case scenario for perv Burke and Spota covering up and trying to keep the FBI out of investigating the case was that an investigation would be dangerously close to their cop-brass party house where drugs and prostitutes were indulged in.

So maybe they had nothing to do with the killings, but they didn't want any spotlight shined on the fun thing they had going there, fleecing the taxpayer while partaking in all kinds of illegal activity. That is the BEST case scenario for SCPD. How else can you explain that the police chief intentionally worked against the FBI investigation? He had SOMETHING to cover up, at a minimum. He had Suffolk PD tail FBI agents!! How arrogant and untouchable would you think you are to do something like that?

So yeah, if that's the best case scenario, head on down the road to what worst cases are.

Old 02-03-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The BEST case scenario for perv Burke and Spota covering up and trying to keep the FBI out of investigating the case was that an investigation would be dangerously close to their cop-brass party house where drugs and prostitutes were indulged in.

So maybe they had nothing to do with the killings, but they didn't want any spotlight shined on the fun thing they had going there, fleecing the taxpayer while partaking in all kinds of illegal activity. That is the BEST case scenario for SCPD. How else can you explain that the police chief intentionally worked against the FBI investigation? He had SOMETHING to cover up, at a minimum. He had Suffolk PD tail FBI agents!! How arrogant and untouchable would you think you are to do something like that?

So yeah, if that's the best case scenario, head on down the road to what worst cases are.
Proof of all this? Links?

Burke did not like working with the feds at all. This could have simply been a territorial thing it happens all the time in LE unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island