Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 03:49 PM

5,844 posts, read 2,964,750 times

Advertisements

If white people is such a scare for you, try Hempstead, report back in a year.

Glen head is wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 05:24 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,175,271 times
Define diversity. Race? Religion? Socio economic status? Sexual orientation?
If you just mean more Asians then go to New Hyde Park or Hicksville. But they really arent diverse they are just majority Asian.

If you truly want diverse across races then go for Valley Stream, Elmont, West Hempstead

Old 04-04-2022, 09:28 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,543,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexjin View Post
This is an bad advice and is not entirely true.

Yes there's quota for Asian in general, but it is set for nation wide Asian population, not on individual high school. Being in a school with high percentage of Asian does not lower your chance to top school. But being an Asian in general does effect your chance due to quota set at universities.

with that being said, being in a top high school definitely helps with getting into top universities!!!

just for reference look at the kids who grad from Jericho in the last 3 years.

https://p2cdn4static.sharpschool.com...Profile%20.pdf

https://p2cdn4static.sharpschool.com...%20Profile.pdf

https://p2cdn4static.sharpschool.com...%20Profile.pdf

and the quota question
https://talk.collegeconfidential.com...school/1765297

hope this helps

Its funny how you tell me this, but then tell OP to move to Roslyn since its not "too asian".

This is exactly what I did, I moved to Roslyn, because its not "too asian".

So you in essence agree with me.

Old 04-04-2022, 10:22 AM

36 posts, read 23,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Its funny how you tell me this, but then tell OP to move to Roslyn since its not "too asian".

This is exactly what I did, I moved to Roslyn, because its not "too asian".

So you in essence agree with me.
no i don't agree with you about the top university comment, Roslyn comprised decent amount of Asian, but also more of other ethnics compare to Jericho or Great neck etc. however it has nothing to do with getting into top universities.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:29 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,543,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexjin View Post
no i don't agree with you about the top university comment, Roslyn comprised decent amount of Asian, but also more of other ethnics compare to Jericho or Great neck etc. however it has nothing to do with getting into top universities.

Roslyn is not diverse compared to Great Neck. Its the same ethnicities, just different proportions. Both towns are asian and jews, and with a smattering of section 8 students. The only difference with Roslyn is right now its more jews than asians, reverse of Great Neck. Its like how Great Neck was in the 80s and 90s. I know because I grew up in Great Neck at that time and went to Great Neck South when its was still predominantly jewish. Roslyn now reminds of how Great Neck was back then when I was in High school.

If OP wants fantasy diversity land for her children, she can live in the city. But even there, the diversity is an illusion. The public schools stink, except for the top ones which are predominantly asian. All the rich white liberals send their kids to private school anyway. I left the city because I didn't want diversity beating up my wimpy asian kids every day.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:30 PM

720 posts, read 622,046 times
I love how the original poster tries to disguise there own potential biases in there neighborhood "research"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island