Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 05:17 AM

5,852 posts, read 2,970,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Arguing with a liberal about pitbulls and you realize why these people ruin everything they get put in charge of.

I doubt if the majority of pit bull owners are liberals. Usually they are uneducated insecure people who
believe that they have to prove that they are cool outsiders who have an outsider dog .
Exactly!! Just look at the people where that dog is popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 07:29 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,677,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Exactly!! Just look at the people where that dog is popular.
Here on the North Shore they have become reasonably popular, a noticeable increase over the past year.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:52 AM

2,606 posts, read 3,408,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Arguing with a liberal about pitbulls and you realize why these people ruin everything they get put in charge of.

I doubt if the majority of pit bull owners are liberals. Usually they are uneducated insecure people who
believe that they have to prove that they are cool outsiders who have an outsider dog .
Bravo! You actually made a good point.
The overwhelming majority of people that own pitbulls, rottweilers or any other sort of dangerous/aggressive dogs are on the lower end of the intelligence spectrum. Just take a look at them. They are either thugs, criminals, low IQ liberals or people with insecurity issues. Normal people do not own these type of dogs.

Old 08-19-2022, 01:28 PM

412 posts, read 290,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
The impulse to defend pitfalls stems from the liberal belief in blank-slatism. It really is that simple. I think what provokes them is the cognitive dissonance between the fact that dog personalities correlate strongly with breed and the discomfort with extrapolating from that obvious truth.

The pitbull problem is a microcosm of liberalism in general. It's all there: the insistence on dogma that has no connection to reality, the refusal to listen to hard facts (there's plenty there because insurance companies have commissioned the studies), the willingness to sacrifice innocent people to prop up the dogma, the shrieking hysterics when the dogma is challenged. Arguing with a liberal about pitbulls and you realize why these people ruin everything they get put in charge of.
I didn't know most of the tatted up white guys with buzz cuts wearing blue line flag t shirts and driving Dodge Ram pickups with an eagle emblazoned on the back window were liberals. That seems to be a major pitbull-owning demographic on Long Island.

Old 08-19-2022, 01:38 PM

412 posts, read 290,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Bravo! You actually made a good point.
The overwhelming majority of people that own pitbulls, rottweilers or any other sort of dangerous/aggressive dogs are on the lower end of the intelligence spectrum. Just take a look at them. They are either thugs, criminals, low IQ liberals or people with insecurity issues. Normal people do not own these type of dogs.
This is absolutely hilarious. Low IQ liberals? Look at most conservatives on Long Island - uneducated meatheads in pickups with low cognitive ability. Plenty of conservatives are smart - I know a bunch, George Will / David Brooks types. But the majority of doctors, engineers, professors, scientists, etc, tend to be liberal. You may not like their views...and you can call them "stupid" in the derogatory sense, but most are not stupid or low IQ.

And regarding insecurity - the white male is afraid that they are losing the power/privelege they once had (they are losing nothing, it just feels that they are relatively speaking as others finally come closer to gaining equal rights). That insecurity leads them to get massive trucks, guns, etc. Anything to make them feel safe and secure. Thumb sucking would be a good idea, too. Pitbulls are a part of that.

Last edited by isles08; 08-19-2022 at 02:13 PM..

Old 08-19-2022, 06:30 PM

958 posts, read 1,107,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
This is absolutely hilarious. Low IQ liberals? Look at most conservatives on Long Island - uneducated meatheads in pickups with low cognitive ability. Plenty of conservatives are smart - I know a bunch, George Will / David Brooks types. But the majority of doctors, engineers, professors, scientists, etc, tend to be liberal. You may not like their views...and you can call them "stupid" in the derogatory sense, but most are not stupid or low IQ.

And regarding insecurity - the white male is afraid that they are losing the power/privelege they once had (they are losing nothing, it just feels that they are relatively speaking as others finally come closer to gaining equal rights). That insecurity leads them to get massive trucks, guns, etc. Anything to make them feel safe and secure. Thumb sucking would be a good idea, too. Pitbulls are a part of that.
WOW how profound . You should post that on any and all THUG and or liberal threads. . Gee what A reeeeeellllll Fake American. and sucking what ?????????? your words. ?

Old 08-20-2022, 01:05 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,368,209 times
Not sure how this went from Pit Bull to Republican-bashing. Simple. If the pit bull killed someone, kill the dog. It cannot be allowed to live. It is a danger. I love dogs but not when they attack.

Old 08-21-2022, 09:15 AM

852 posts, read 1,444,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
I didn't know most of the tatted up white guys with buzz cuts wearing blue line flag t shirts and driving Dodge Ram pickups with an eagle emblazoned on the back window were liberals. That seems to be a major pitbull-owning demographic on Long Island.
I don't know how this issue became a political one, but I have to agree with you on this one. The white people I see owning pitbulls, for the most part, aren't peace-loving hippie liberals, but wanna-be tough guys. They're the kind who say "I'm conservative" and "blue lives matter" not because they support law enforcement, but because they're euphemisms for hating blacks.

With that said, and getting back to the pitbull issue, I would NEVER leave a family member, particularly a young or elderly family member, alone with a pitbull. Due to a pitbull's size and the strength of its jaws, I would never be able to trust that the training and socialization it received will stop that one moment when its animal instincts take over.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:17 AM

690 posts, read 586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
I don't know how this issue became a political one, but I have to agree with you on this one. The white people I see owning pitbulls, for the most part, aren't peace-loving hippie liberals, but wanna-be tough guys. They're the kind who say "I'm conservative" and "blue lives matter" not because they support law enforcement, but because they're euphemisms for hating blacks.

With that said, and getting back to the pitbull issue, I would NEVER leave a family member, particularly a young or elderly family member, alone with a pitbull. Due to a pitbull's size and the strength of its jaws, I would never be able to trust that the training and socialization it received will stop that one moment when its animal instincts take over.
Wow. Nothing like stereotyping. I'm conservative, and two family members are cops. Crazy how that automatically makes me "hate blacks". People like you, are exactly why there is such divide in this country.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:06 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,368,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post

I am a registered with the Conservative Party and I totally support law enforcement and blue lives matter. Now, if those things are commensurate with hating blacks, then I guess I hate blacks, except I don’t. What a ridiculous statement. Pitbulls who attack or kill need to be put down. I know they are dogs and are doing what is in their DNA. But maybe that means that such a specie not be allowed to be a domestic pet. Would you trust a nice bear or tiger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: