Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2022, 04:37 AM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
NE Queens put Santos over the finish line. We don't give a crap if he robbed a bank to fund his campaign or came from Mars on a spaceship. For crying out loud, PA just elected a Weekend at Bernies senator. All based on real important lies from his doctor stating he is of sound mine! U kidding me?

George: Just keep ya mouth shut, get sworn in and say nothing to anybody. By the end of January, when the GOP has that dirtbag criminal Hunter Biden and his associates testifying about his criminal dad, your situation will be long forgotten. We need to get a speaker voted in asap and get the committees set up and running. Then you can do whatever you want. Resign, turn yourself in or even jump off a bridge.
Nooooooo, the new congressman’s resume embellishments are far far more significant. NYT said the Senator and his Dr were honest about the new senator’s mental capacity and Hunter’s laptop detailing Biden family corruption was not Hunter’s laptop.

Look squirrel!!

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 12-31-2022 at 05:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 06:09 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
NE Queens put Santos over the finish line. We don't give a crap if he robbed a bank to fund his campaign or came from Mars on a spaceship. For crying out loud, PA just elected a Weekend at Bernies senator. All based on real important lies from his doctor stating he is of sound mine! U kidding me?

George: Just keep ya mouth shut, get sworn in and say nothing to anybody. By the end of January, when the GOP has that dirtbag criminal Hunter Biden and his associates testifying about his criminal dad, your situation will be long forgotten. We need to get a speaker voted in asap and get the committees set up and running. Then you can do whatever you want. Resign, turn yourself in or even jump off a bridge.
Like you said he just has to keep his mouth shut and out wait the news cycle and the media will move on. Some can handle the pressure (like Ralph Northam) and some can’t (cuomo). Regardless he’s a 1 term congressmen whether he likes it or not. Nassau GOP already said he won’t be supported in 24’ that means no funding and they will back a different candidate in the primary. He will also almost certainly get an ethics investigation and sanctioned (although that will probably take half his term to finish).

Old 12-31-2022, 08:47 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Latest news is apparently George Santos has stated he will not resign, but won't run for reelection.

Oh this is so going to be good! McCarthy must be like " I don't need this *** right now".
McCarthy doesn't really care as long as Santos votes for him for Speaker.

Old 12-31-2022, 09:19 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
I live in his district. Also voted for him, as did the vast majority of people in my area.

I couldn't give a crap if he was homeless, didn't graduate high school, stole money in Brazil, beat a liberal to within an inch of his life, threw his dog onto the highway, killed puppies, never held a job in his life..bla bla blah.

Why? 2 reasons, really:

1) A doctor lied for months (A FRIGGIN DOCTOR) and told the American public that the ingrate handicapped, Fetterman, is cognitively capable of sitting as a US senator which is insane. The guy literally can't understand when people talk to him.

2) As long as Santos votes with republicans, WE DON'T GIVE A F!!!! We got rid of 2 left wing scummy slimeballs in Suozzi and Zimmerman.

So all you left wing NYC lunatic liberal radicals, who hate cops and think more crime is good, can jump off a bridge. We're standing with George and conservatives.
This is the Trump effect. You can't put genie back in bottle. This is the age of alternative facts. All that matters is the loyalty and the win. The only problem with this is that both sides put people in power who don't have the talent to be there.

Old 01-01-2023, 05:38 AM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
This is the Trump effect. You can't put genie back in bottle. This is the age of alternative facts. All that matters is the loyalty and the win. The only problem with this is that both sides put people in power who don't have the talent to be there.
We’ll see the Republicans do what the Dems have done during/post-Trump. Expect articles of impeachment to routinely breeze thru the House on all manner of issues (failure to secure the border, Biden corruption, etc) and several hand-picked (by the new Speaker) investigatory panels.

I guess one could refer to that as a reaction to the anti-Trump effect. And no doubt the faux outrage machine on the left (NYT/WAPO/CNN/Dem Pols, etc) will be wildly faux-outraged. And when the Supreme Court ditches race-based college admissions the faux outrage will surpass hysteria.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 01-01-2023 at 06:12 AM..

Old 01-01-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
We’ll see the Republicans do what the Dems have done during/post-Trump. Expect articles of impeachment to routinely breeze thru the House on all manner of issues (failure to secure the border, Biden corruption, etc) and several hand-picked (by the new Speaker) investigatory panels.

I guess one could refer to that as a reaction to the anti-Trump effect. And no doubt the faux outrage machine on the left (NYT/WAPO/CNN/Dem Pols, etc) will be wildly faux-outraged. And when the Supreme Court ditches race-based college admissions the faux outrage will surpass hysteria.
I partially agree. They really don’t have the votes to throw out impeachments all over the place. The only one that “might” is maybe Mayorkas but even that I think is a long shot. Investigations those will certainly happen.

Old 01-01-2023, 10:52 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Nooooooo, the new congressman’s resume embellishments are far far more significant. NYT said the Senator and his Dr were honest about the new senator’s mental capacity and Hunter’s laptop detailing Biden family corruption was not Hunter’s laptop.

Look squirrel!!
Santos came clean after, not before the election. The rest of your post is pure conspiracy theory.

The investigation into Santo's campaign finances will be interesting, it doesn't appear that the republican leadership took much issue with him using his campaign funds as personal piggy bank.

Old 01-01-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Santos came clean after, not before the election. The rest of your post is pure conspiracy theory.

The investigation into Santo's campaign finances will be interesting, it doesn't appear that the republican leadership took much issue with him using his campaign funds as personal piggy bank.
Lol

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...-travel-inclu/

I know more whataboutism durrrrrrrr….

Old 01-01-2023, 04:25 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...-travel-inclu/

I know more whataboutism durrrrrrrr….
Lol. Santos spent far more than any of the other candidates, can’t wait for the explanation for giving $11k to a dry cleaners.

And yes more whatabotism.

Old 01-01-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Lol. Santos spent far more than any of the other candidates, can’t wait for the explanation for giving $11k to a dry cleaners.

And yes more whatabotism.
Absolutely false, he spent more than the other LI candidates but no where NEAR what some others spent. Swalwell spent 60k in June ALONE on travel hotels etc santos spent a little over 100k on expenditures in total. Some candidates spend millions. Santos is a liar no doubt but the campaign expense thing is a big fat nothing burger and also not illegal.

But the wHAtAboUTisMS!! It’s okay when we do it!! Lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island