Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 06:06 AM

640 posts, read 2,012,444 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to stir up anything, but how could the Long Island citizens not know about George Santos' (or whatever name he has...) lies? There apparently was a newspaper on the North Shore that exposed this guy. Long Island is becoming National butt of jokes now...my Dad is from the North Shore and I'm sad to see this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2023, 06:55 AM

7,929 posts, read 9,152,376 times
George presented as gay and Hispanic. You would have been perceived as being racist and homophobic to say anything bad about him.

Old 02-01-2023, 07:12 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,770,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
I'm not trying to stir up anything, but how could the Long Island citizens not know about George Santos' (or whatever name he has...) lies? There apparently was a newspaper on the North Shore that exposed this guy. Long Island is becoming National butt of jokes now...my Dad is from the North Shore and I'm sad to see this.
What newspaper are you referring to? You have any links?

Old 02-01-2023, 07:41 AM

914 posts, read 562,084 times
The North Shore Leader. But it has a small readership, that's why. Most people today forego local newspapers like that.

Old 02-01-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Larsen View Post
The North Shore Leader. But it has a small readership, that's why. Most people today forego local newspapers like that.
Interesting. I never even heard of it. No wonder why no one else did either. Had Newsday caught on somehow they would have been all over it 24/7

Old 02-01-2023, 08:56 AM

5,820 posts, read 2,943,117 times
You got a president that wasted no time pulling out of one war and entering another war in Ukraine which by the way him and his son was personally involved with for years and you are worried about Santos?
Wake up. All politicians are dirty. Some more than another.

Old 02-01-2023, 10:06 AM

1,306 posts, read 1,664,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
I doubt anyone would consider this an expose'.

"On the Republican side, George Anthony Devolder-Santos, a 31-year old Queens finance executive, is looking to wrap-up the Republican nomination to challenge Suozzi. Devolder-Santos grew up in Jackson Heights of Brazilian immigrant parents. He attended a series of New York City high schools in Sunnyside, Astoria and the Bronx, before going on to Baruch College, where he graduated in 2010 with a degree in finance.

Devolder-Santos then worked for Goldman Sachs and his current employer, Linkbridge Investors, where he specializes in business investments in the Americas. He credits his desire for public service to his late mother, Fatima Devolder, the child of Belgian immigrants to Brazil, who began a program of raising money for the poor in her native Brazil, and distributing sandwiches to homeless people in Northeast Queens. "

Old 02-01-2023, 04:22 PM

5,820 posts, read 2,943,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
#LetsGoBrandon did the right thing by pulling us out of Afghanistan. And while I do believe that #LetsGoBrandon didn't do a very good job at using diplomacy to attempt to avoid the Russian war in Ukraine, at the end of the day, it is still the Russian. War. In. Ukraine. #LetsGoBrandon didn't order the February 24, 2022 invasion; Putin did.

Regardless, it's ridiculous to whatabout "George Santos"' pathological fabulism by pointing to #LetsGoBrandon and Ukraine.
Please Educate yourself.

They did a test run with Georgia to see how Russia would respond.
The messed up crimea and Russia took a chunk, and rest assured, Russia will take the part of Ukraine it wants. They won’t be giving anything back. There is no reason for Ukraine and Russia not to be friendly .
But since US likes to install its puppets to start wars here we are with Zelensky and years of military support for Ukraine.
All because we want to save the petrodollar and stop russian expansion in Europe and in world arena as USA becomes less and less significant.
One thing USA never had and never will is, patriotism and blinding corruption, something that has always carried Russia through bad times.
But don’t listen to me, look at the history of Russia and all the empires that invaded and occupied it even if it’s for a short while.

I’m pro USA and I hope we win in every way possible. I’m not a fan of Russia in any way. I just be,I’ve in competency of our government. Now the Financial gods might be able to have their way, but how it’s gonna look for regular folk is uncertain.

Old 02-02-2023, 08:06 AM

226 posts, read 129,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Please Educate yourself.
I have, thanks.

Quote:
They did a test run with Georgia to see how Russia would respond.
Who's "they"? Can't be #LetsGoBrandon, because he was a Senator at the time. As was Barack Hussein Obama II.

Oh, by "they," you must be referring to your old pal that you've long forgotten: George W. Bush. Yes, I definitely think "they" colossally blundered at Bucharest in 2008.

But still. "They" didn't do any test run. Saakashvili launched an offensive to reclaim all of South Ossetia. He thought he had invested enough in the Georgian military to produce an a fait accompli before Russia could respond. He thought wrong.

Quote:
The messed up crimea and Russia took a chunk, and rest assured, Russia will take the part of Ukraine it wants. They won’t be giving anything back. There is no reason for Ukraine and Russia not to be friendly .
Who's "they"? Can't be #LetsGoBrandon, because he was Vice President at the time. As for Barack Hussein Obama II, he didn't engineer the overthrow of Yanukovych. A minority of Ukrainians overthrew Yanukovych. If you want to bring up that intercepted Nuland call, that was after the overthrow.

And what does any of this have to do with "George Santos"' pathological fabulism again? Oh that's right. Nuffin'.

Old 02-02-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post

Who's "they"? Can't be #LetsGoBrandon, because he was Vice President at the time. As for Barack Hussein Obama II, he didn't engineer the overthrow of Yanukovych. A minority of Ukrainians overthrew Yanukovych. If you want to bring up that intercepted Nuland call, that was after the overthrow.

And what does any of this have to do with "George Santos"' pathological fabulism again? Oh that's right. Nuffin'.
Oh please if you don’t think the CIA and US state department was deeply involved in backing the maiden revolution then you truly have your head in the sand. Lol it was just “a minority of Ukrainians” yeah ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island