Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 05:37 PM

577 posts, read 978,970 times

Advertisements

GAS-POWERED LEAF BLOWERS ARE HAZARDOUS!

EXTREME NOISE – their high-decibel, low-frequency noise disrupts communities and contributes to hearing loss and hypertension.

HEALTH RISKS – their toxic emissions and fine particulates increase risks of cancer, lung disease, heart disease, and dementia.

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS – their toxic waste and smog-forming emissions harm ecosystems and contribute to the climate crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2023, 06:06 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,148,359 times
Wasnt there already a thread on this?

Old 03-12-2023, 06:07 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Oh no. Not again…

I’d rather ban neighbors.

Old 03-12-2023, 06:08 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,148,359 times
Maybe Hochul will just ban leaves. Problem solved

Old 03-12-2023, 08:49 PM

1,465 posts, read 757,268 times
Can we wait a few days to see how the banking system turns out ? Think we have a few other pressing issues this week.

Old 03-13-2023, 05:15 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post

EXTREME NOISE – their high-decibel, low-frequency noise disrupts communities and contributes to hearing loss and hypertension.

HEALTH RISKS – their toxic emissions and fine particulates increase risks of cancer, lung disease, heart disease, and dementia.

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS – their toxic waste and smog-forming emissions harm ecosystems and contribute to the climate crisis.
Every time I fire up my leaf blower with a smile this summer I will think of you OP!

Old 03-13-2023, 05:51 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post

Toxic! Oh my! But the water in Palestein, Ohio is FINE to drink.
Move on………

Old 03-13-2023, 07:43 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Toxic! Oh my! But the water in Palestein, Ohio is FINE to drink.
Move on………
And crime in NYC is down LMFAO!

Old 03-13-2023, 07:50 AM

85 posts, read 60,166 times
who defends noisy loud leafblowers? do the people replying aggressively realize some people work from home and live in neighborhoods where they go constantly from house to house sometimes there's a guy just wandering in circles blowing particles of sand into a storm drain or blow drying puddles? no joke? This does not give you the right to deny someone else of a problem because maybe it doesn't affect you.. there are also better models such as four stroke which are still gas and powerful and use motors like your lawn mower with just as much power...there's no need for outdated 2stroke screaming leafblowers...if you want to clean your yard great..why should it torture your neighbor? I don't understand the aggressive responses,,,if something bothered you i'm sure you complain about it

Old 03-13-2023, 07:59 AM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx313 View Post
who defends noisy loud leafblowers? do the people replying aggressively realize some people work from home and live in neighborhoods where they go constantly from house to house sometimes there's a guy just wandering in circles blowing particles of sand into a storm drain or blow drying puddles? no joke? This does not give you the right to deny someone else of a problem because maybe it doesn't affect you.. there are also better models such as four stroke which are still gas and powerful and use motors like your lawn mower with just as much power...there's no need for outdated 2stroke screaming leafblowers...if you want to clean your yard great..why should it torture your neighbor? I don't understand the aggressive responses,,,if something bothered you i'm sure you complain about it
No need for anyone to be working from home anymore either. The “thing” from 2019 is over.
Now all you lazy bastards get up off your ass and go back to work. Like adults. So damn lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: