Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 06:45 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,202,163 times

Advertisements

Passed by South Floral Park and saw these - lets call them - rambunctious teenagers running a muck, foul mouths. People hanging out in a way you don't see in the rest of Floral Park, or most other areas except Hempstead, Elmont etc. I was amazed at what I saw. Is this the norm or did I just catch a bad day? South Floral Park is still part of Nassau County isn't it? Seemed rather Queensonian. Draconian. Edging forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2023, 06:54 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,152,376 times
South Floral Park has always had a few blocks that were iffy, particularly by the Elmont border off of Hempstead Turnpike. The first block or so off the Turnpike is Elmont then it becomes South Floral Park. It is a minority neighborhood that has no connection at all to Floral Park Village. Most of the area is just fine though, with well maintained homes.

Was this visit to find a house for your kids?

Old 07-12-2023, 12:25 AM

788 posts, read 486,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Passed by South Floral Park and saw these - lets call them - rambunctious teenagers running a muck, foul mouths. People hanging out in a way you don't see in the rest of Floral Park, or most other areas except Hempstead, Elmont etc. I was amazed at what I saw. Is this the norm or did I just catch a bad day? South Floral Park is still part of Nassau County isn't it? Seemed rather Queensonian. Draconian. Edging forward.
I'm a life long native of the NE Queens area (Bayside/Whitestone) and would never consider moving to a place like Floral Park. Why? Like you said, the bad elements of South Queens/Nassau is creeping into the area. We've done a decent job in NE Queens from keeping it out.

Ya hear!

Old 07-12-2023, 12:31 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
What street were you on exactly?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-12-2023, 06:45 PM

655 posts, read 1,060,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
I'm a life long native of the NE Queens area (Bayside/Whitestone) and would never consider moving to a place like Floral Park. Why? Like you said, the bad elements of South Queens/Nassau is creeping into the area. We've done a decent job in NE Queens from keeping it out.

Ya hear!
Which Floral Park?
Floral Park village/Nassau County or Floral Park Queens.
Or did you mean South Floral Park.

OP didn't say it but I will assume the teens they saw were Black/Latino which would be expected in South Floral Park.
But Floral Park proper doesn't play that and keeps the bad elements out.

Old 07-13-2023, 08:08 PM

3,520 posts, read 5,702,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
Which Floral Park?
Floral Park village/Nassau County or Floral Park Queens.
Or did you mean South Floral Park.

OP didn't say it but I will assume the teens they saw were Black/Latino which would be expected in South Floral Park.
But Floral Park proper doesn't play that and keeps the bad elements out.
are you related to Walter Greenspan?

Old 07-14-2023, 10:31 AM

3 posts, read 2,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
are you related to Walter Greenspan?
Awe. God rest his soul.

Old 07-23-2023, 10:35 AM

93 posts, read 41,756 times
Quote:
South Floral Park has always been more like Elmont than Floral Park. Are you new here?

Old 07-28-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post

Ya hear!
What is considered NE Queens? I am thinking NHP, Bellerose, Glen Oaks?

Old 07-28-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
South Floral Park has always had a few blocks that were iffy, particularly by the Elmont border off of Hempstead Turnpike. The first block or so off the Turnpike is Elmont then it becomes South Floral Park. It is a minority neighborhood that has no connection at all to Floral Park Village. Most of the area is just fine though, with well maintained homes.

Was this visit to find a house for your kids?

We were on the way home from somewhere but thinking of buying a house to rent out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island