Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 07:28 PM

26 posts, read 9,000 times

Advertisements

I just purchased tickets for the game on Saturday, March 23rd at 1:00 PM against the Jets. It will be my first time visiting UBS Arena, as I had lost interest in hockey for a while, combined with the fact that I was living overseas for a few years. I will be coming from New Jersey for the game.

I looked on the UBS Arena website for parking and there is parking at the Emerald lot, but I believe it was around $38, which is more than I was hoping to pay. Does anyone know if there is a parking lot nearby with more reasonable prices within walking distance?

I've also considered taking mass transit to Elmont-UBS Arena station. If I were to go with mass transit, I would be taking the bus to Port Authority, walking to Penn Station and then taking a train from Penn Station to Elmont-UBS Arena station. I've tried to look at the train schedules for Long Island Rail Road for both the Port Jefferson line and the Hempstead line. I'm confused by the zones and trying to figure out how much it costs one-way from Penn Station to the UBS Arena station. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with that. I have the link to the PDF of the Port Jefferson line here: https://new.mta.info/document/85026. The fares are listed at the bottom of page 1.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 08:06 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
It's much easier to use this website. Or download the MTA app to your phone so you don't even need a physical ticket:

https://new.mta.info/schedules

I dropped DH and the kids off last time we were up and went to a hockey game because the price of parking was untenable.

Old 03-11-2024, 08:55 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearinPool88 View Post
I just purchased tickets for the game on Saturday, March 23rd at 1:00 PM against the Jets. It will be my first time visiting UBS Arena, as I had lost interest in hockey for a while, combined with the fact that I was living overseas for a few years. I will be coming from New Jersey for the game.

I looked on the UBS Arena website for parking and there is parking at the Emerald lot, but I believe it was around $38, which is more than I was hoping to pay. Does anyone know if there is a parking lot nearby with more reasonable prices within walking distance?

I've also considered taking mass transit to Elmont-UBS Arena station. If I were to go with mass transit, I would be taking the bus to Port Authority, walking to Penn Station and then taking a train from Penn Station to Elmont-UBS Arena station. I've tried to look at the train schedules for Long Island Rail Road for both the Port Jefferson line and the Hempstead line. I'm confused by the zones and trying to figure out how much it costs one-way from Penn Station to the UBS Arena station. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with that. I have the link to the PDF of the Port Jefferson line here: https://new.mta.info/document/85026. The fares are listed at the bottom of page 1.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been to countless games there, Parking is pretty much 40 bucks for games at emerald and that’s the cheapest. Silver is way more and the garage is for season ticket holders only (although they sometimes sell their passes on the isles ticket exchange). If you happen to drive a BMW parking is FREE. But you have to register in advance and they send you a free pass:

https://ubsarena.com/park-like-a-pro-with-bmw/

The train cheaper it drops you off near emerald and there are shuttles that take you to the arena right outside the station (you can also walk about 8 min). You take the Huntington line from penn to ubs, round trip is 19.50. Use the MTA app. But if more than one are going you might as well drive as it will be the same cost or more with less hassle.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:33 PM

26 posts, read 9,000 times
Thanks for the advice and suggestions. Right now, I'm leaning towards just driving since I'll be attending the game with my father and it doesn't seem to be that much different between driving and taking public transportation.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM

717 posts, read 618,927 times
Stay home watch the game. 38 bucks to park a car is absurd to go watch a bunch of over paid athletes...

Old 03-19-2024, 11:31 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Stay home watch the game. 38 bucks to park a car is absurd to go watch a bunch of over paid athletes...
our local newspaper mentioned parking rates are variable depending on the opponent, and Islanders-Rangers fetches something like $92.
Also said the prime parking garage there will no longer be available to season ticket holders once the new adjacent shopping mall is completed.
Now that's a great way to build customer loyalty.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:14 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
our local newspaper mentioned parking rates are variable depending on the opponent, and Islanders-Rangers fetches something like $92.
Also said the prime parking garage there will no longer be available to season ticket holders once the new adjacent shopping mall is completed.
Now that's a great way to build customer loyalty.
Not true at all. Emerald parking is the same rate (38) no matter who they play. Concerts cost more, and parking sold privately in the garage or silver can cost more.

Old 03-20-2024, 05:54 AM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,307 times
Decent arena but the parking / shuttle bus issue is ridiculous. Only on LI would we build a brand new arena where 90% of the parking requires a 10-15 min walk or bus ride to the arena. Man, that Lighthouse project would have been awesome, thanks Kate Murray.

Old 03-20-2024, 06:52 AM

2,436 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Pluss the LIRR refuses to use that spur that drops off/picks up right at the door step of the arena.

Old 03-20-2024, 07:02 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Pluss the LIRR refuses to use that spur that drops off/picks up right at the door step of the arena.
Didn’t even know that was an option. It’s a headache my kid complains he’s tired of walking and the bus takes forever. It’s even crazier that they can get you closer and don’t. The location stinks as the traffic is horrific going there. The arena is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island