Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:06 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,191,124 times

Advertisements

I lived in Massapequa but never parked at the Mass. Park stop. The next stop down going west is the Massapequa stop. I don't recall anyone needing a permit. Plus theres a nice little dive bar there to drink at while waiting for the train. (Porky's Pub) The stop is on Broadway st.
On the east side of broadway I think it's first come first serve parking. While on the west side of Broadway it is meter parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
I lived in Massapequa but never parked at the Mass. Park stop. The next stop down going west is the Massapequa stop. I don't recall anyone needing a permit. Plus theres a nice little dive bar there to drink at while waiting for the train. (Porky's Pub) The stop is on Broadway st.
On the east side of broadway I think it's first come first serve parking. While on the west side of Broadway it is meter parking.
Just to the west of broawdway (north of the tracks) there is Meter Parking for a short distance, but most of that lot, which goes towards Hicksville Road isn't meter parking and is first come first serve. Both of those areas you do need a permit. Generally the only areas you can park without a permit is right near the ball field (the most eastern lot north of the tracks) and along Sunrise Highway. With that being said getting the permit is cheap, $10 for the year.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 AM

8 posts, read 55,147 times
If you dont want to park on Sunrise, here is some info on the next two stops, Seaford and Wantagh

Seaford and Wantagh (just a few minutes down the road) one also needs a TOH (Town of Hempstead) sticker for $3 to park in the sections closest to the platform.

Parking underneath the tracks does not require any sticker.

There are maps at Seaford and Wantagh train station waiting areas that show the parking sections that require the sticker and do not require the sticker. I've never been to the Massapequa's but maybe they have a similar map.

There are larger lots for non-residents also..

Old 09-25-2008, 07:28 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,071,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post

To Nancy the Reader, WOW that is a lot to pay monthly just to park in addition to the monthly train fare. I wonder how we all manage to still live on the island, with all the expenses we incur?

Where I am, people pay way more than $220 for the LIRR lot

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 11,775 times
Default I need a parking permit for massapequa park.

I live in Amityville and would like to know how much is a year's permit at Massapequa park's LIRR station.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 11,775 times
I live in Amityville and would like to know how much is a year's permit at Massapequa park's LIRR station.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:09 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,703,654 times
You can not get a permit at Massapequa Park. It is for village residents only. They do issue 75 non-resident permits per year but there is a long waiting list for those permits.

To specifically answer your question...$45/year for resident permits.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:09 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,499,542 times
The far west lot of seaford is free.

Remember to park head in....its like a$50 fine to back into a space

Old 10-06-2021, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,166 times
Can you still park along sunrise highway for free or will you get a ticket? I don’t have a permit and need a place to park for the train

Old 10-08-2021, 03:49 PM

426 posts, read 959,971 times
Forget Massapequa park, you have to be a resident of the village to get a permit there and they are very limited. Massapequa is a tad easier to park at but if you want the shortest commute home the first stop will be the Wantagh stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island