Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:49 PM

138 posts, read 492,105 times

Advertisements

Anyone here applying for this?

I'm curious on the processing time, among other things.

First time I asked the LIHP, they said about 4 weeks to process. Next time they said 6-8 weeks.

I figure it's worth a shot.

But I don't know what happens if our closing comes and they're still working on the paperwork??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM

130 posts, read 743,519 times
I got info on the down assistance for suffolk county too. I didnt get an exact time. All I was told is that they take the first 400 applicants. I don't qualify because we dont have a min of 3yrs W2's

Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 PM

431 posts, read 1,310,901 times
I'm curious about this. Has anyone done this?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 PM

we turned in our application on monday.
i'll update on how it works.

i'm a bit worried that the processing will take too long;
unexpectedly we are nearing agreement on price on a house. it's happening quicker than i though.

I asked at LIHP about expediting, and they said if a need arises, they'll try.

it'd be nice to get, but I don't want to count on it, thats for sure.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:17 PM

81 posts, read 127,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissesFixIt View Post
I got info on the down assistance for suffolk county too. I didnt get an exact time. All I was told is that they take the first 400 applicants. I don't qualify because we dont have a min of 3yrs W2's
I will be applying as co-applicant with my husband as the primary. He has the 3 yrs w2's, but i do not (was a full time student and not working). Do BOTH have to have the 3 yrs w2's? If so, should I not put myself down as co-app and just have my husband down?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 AM

26 posts, read 70,989 times
I applied for this and was approved. I went through the entire process of filling out paperwork and sending them tons of paperwork (bank statements, paystubs, w2's, etc....) once you get approved you have to go to a one day class.
I ended up NOT taking the money....you MUST live on the same property for 10 years or else you have to pay the money back. It's pro-rated so if you live there for 5 years, you have to pay back $10,000. it wasnt worth it for me since I bought a co-op and only plan on spending 4-5 years there. If you're buying a house and know you'll be there for 10 years, you should apply.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM

our papers are submitted.
I must say they are pretty friendly & helpful at the LIHP.

How long from when all papers were submitted unitl when you received approval notice?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM

26 posts, read 70,989 times
I think it was a week or two if I remember correctly

Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 PM

81 posts, read 127,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firteen888 View Post
I applied for this and was approved. I went through the entire process of filling out paperwork and sending them tons of paperwork (bank statements, paystubs, w2's, etc....) once you get approved you have to go to a one day class.
I ended up NOT taking the money....you MUST live on the same property for 10 years or else you have to pay the money back. It's pro-rated so if you live there for 5 years, you have to pay back $10,000. it wasnt worth it for me since I bought a co-op and only plan on spending 4-5 years there. If you're buying a house and know you'll be there for 10 years, you should apply.
Thats weird because it doesnt say that AT all in the paperwork. What it does say is it must be repaid upon sale or refinancing so you technically should not be getting any money for free. The only thing that is free is the 8k tax credit. Where is this info coming from?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 AM

431 posts, read 1,310,901 times
Has anyone completed this program? After your approved and have all your paperwork in I heard the check only gets cut once a month on the 3rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: