Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times

Advertisements

Your a gym teacher in a good school district, one of the best jobs out there...... Summers off. ...And a nice retirement pension down the road. Why would you do something like this?? I just dont get it?

Cops arrest teacher in Mount Sinai rape -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/crime/ny-lirape0226,0,7537760.story - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
We can't totally explain people like that. There is something missing in their emotional makeup. On the TV show "Most Evil" they had a segment about very intelligent serial killers and "why" do they do what they do (instead of use their intelligence to be successful in life). One scientist was experimenting on how some people totally lack the ability to form empathy for others and he was doing brain scans on subjects that were autistic and it showed that the parts of the brain that form empathy did not work and he wanted to take it further by seeing if those parts of the brain do not work in criminals who commit violent acts on others. (They also pointed out that there is no connection between autism and increased violent behavior; it was just that the autistic people could not "read" facial emotions correctly.) Anyway, to me a sociopath is someone who is incapable of CARING for another being's welfare or feelings. They only see other people as tools to use to get something they want or obstacles to destroy if another person is in their way. That is how a man who appears to be intelligent and gainfully employed could do something like this. He thought he was entitled to do what he did to his victim. She was not viewed as having any rights or having any feelings. All he thought of was what he wanted to do and nothing else mattered, not the job, nothing. He was probably so arrogant he thought he could talk his way out of punishment if arrested. Many sociopaths are good with the gift of gab and use it to manipulate others.

I bet Three Village SD has shed or will shed that slimebag at lightning speed! Hopefully he didn't molest any of the kids he worked with either. Sex offenders are repeat offenders!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 PM

827 posts, read 3,094,899 times
There are some real "sick" people in this crazy world. It says he had a past criminal background...Ummm, how did he get a job in the schools? I'll tell you how, apparently, they don't even drug test teachers. That's crazy to me. Whoever does the hiring in our schools seems pretty laxed about things these days. Here is a person who is teaching children most of the day and they don't get drug tested? I really think schools need to look further into someone's background as well as drug testing. I know this incident is not drug related but I am just shocked that they don't drug test a person who is with kids all day when I know Slomin's and Verizon drug tests and that's a whole different ball game.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 PM

706 posts, read 3,763,931 times
mental illness...

Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 AM

486 posts, read 2,113,208 times
What about the friend ?!?!
He stood there and let it happen. No charges against the friend as he didn't participate. Oh please! He should go to jail too!

They should both rot in jail!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,185 times
The friend probably was one of those "three" who identified him as the assailant.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 AM

Couldnt agree more Ligirl. What is the screening process for hiring at these schools? Seems like we are reading more and more horror stories about teachers. The board needs to revisit their hiring process.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Couldnt agree more Ligirl. What is the screening process for hiring at these schools? Seems like we are reading more and more horror stories about teachers. The board needs to revisit their hiring process.

ATTORNEY GENERAL CUOMO ANNOUNCES ARREST OF SUBSTITUTE TEACHER FOR LYING ABOUT PRIOR MANSLAUGHTER CONVICTION

Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
I know the vast majority of these guys are probably ok, but something about high school gym teachers always gave me the creeps.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:39 AM

Question..what is the screening test to become a teacher? Do they look back 5 years? 10 years? Do they check DWI? Drugs? What about misdemeanor offenses? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island