Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 PM

29 posts, read 107,528 times

Advertisements

Any one know of any discounts for the upcoming Circus at the Coliseum.
Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 AM

137 posts, read 356,885 times
I stopped going once I found out they abused thier animals.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOWMONTE View Post
Me too. Try Cirque du Soleil. No animals, much more entertaining.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:02 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Last week the Subway on Portion Rd (Lk Ronkonkoma?) had discount coupons.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
did you think they were letting the elephants run free for a few hours on their off days?

Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
did you think they were letting the elephants run free for a few hours on their off days?
They aren't allowed to run free. They have play dates.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
chickens are bred to be eaten, cirus animals arent bred to be beaten.

Someone wants to go to the circus. That's their prerogative. If you don't care for it, that's yours. But instead of focusing your energy anonymously on a web board, should you be out there protesting when the circus train arrives and the animals are paraded to the venue? Wouldn't it have a greater impact if mom, dad and junior are watching the pachyderms stomp along the street while you're there waving a banner citing the animal abuse tactics used by the 'trainers'?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 AM

137 posts, read 356,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Someone wants to go to the circus. That's their prerogative. If you don't care for it, that's yours. But instead of focusing your energy anonymously on a web board, should you be out there protesting when the circus train arrives and the animals are paraded to the venue? Wouldn't it have a greater impact if mom, dad and junior are watching the pachyderms stomp along the street while you're there waving a banner citing the animal abuse tactics used by the 'trainers'?
I protest by not going and not bringing my kids as well as telling others not to go.
In case you didnt know, attendance has been low for the past few years thanks to the awareness of the animal abuse.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:37 AM

The economy has factored into attendance as well. It isn't solely because a few anonymous Nellys sit at their keyboard attempting to make others feel bad for wanting to go to the circus.

Why not start a thread about circus animal cruelty as opposed to hijacking one?

The OP is looking for discounted tickets, not lecture.

Do you know where the OP can find discounted tickets?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 AM

416 posts, read 698,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The economy has factored into attendance as well. It isn't solely because a few anonymous Nellys sit at their keyboard attempting to make others feel bad for wanting to go to the circus.

Why not start a thread about circus animal cruelty as opposed to hijacking one?

The OP is looking for discounted tickets, not lecture.

Do you know where the OP can find discounted tickets?
Exactly - I love it how the OP asked for discounted tickets and the response is to not go and go to another type of show Take your animal debates over to the politics and controversies forum people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island