Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:52 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
Just look in your rear view mirror. They're about to slam into you.

LOL, you can say that again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,986 times
I like LI girls more because in the city the girls get hit on constantly, so im not much of a draw...

On LI, females break their necks for me because I guess you dont see as many people

Old 03-29-2010, 08:47 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,860 times
It's easy to say they are all big SUV ridin', loud, obnoxious, materialistic, superficial women with fake tans and blonde streaks in their hair. (Don't forget the tramp stamp tatoo for good measure.)

However, we all know they aren't all like that. Like any other place, you have your good and bad. Now, I will say this. On average, it's probably tougher to find a decent woman here than say...St. Paul, MN or Savannah, GA. But, there are a lot of great women here if you are lucky enough to find one. I didn't...so I had to import mine from England

Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Ha! yeah, a few of my friends have the "exotic" trophy wife.
Mail order perhaps? we don't know for sure, we never get the straight up story on how they met...heh heh...
Trinidad, Belize, and some other place I never heard of before.
Lovely girls though.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,860 times
Luckily, mine wasn't "mail order". I'm not even sure how that works. How can a guy make an important life decision like that after only seeing the person briefly. I know there are such things as fiance visas where people can come in the country for 3 months, but still. If a girl is coming into the US for 3 months, after the hell she's gone through in Romania, you better believe that she is going to treat the potential husband like GOLD those 3 months. Unfortunately, it probably won't last.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:26 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Luckily, mine wasn't "mail order". I'm not even sure how that works. How can a guy make an important life decision like that after only seeing the person briefly. I know there are such things as fiance visas where people can come in the country for 3 months, but still. If a girl is coming into the US for 3 months, after the hell she's gone through in Romania, you better believe that she is going to treat the potential husband like GOLD those 3 months. Unfortunately, it probably won't last.
Because he's desperate.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:27 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
Picky...picky....picky. They think they are god's gift to the planet. They require two dozen roses, dinner and jewelry for Valentines day. The December holidays require "sparkling" attire.
Materialistic - they need to make a Real Wives of Long Island pilot. Better have a well-paying job if you want to go out on a date.
How many hair and nail salons can be found in Long Island?
A girl can never have enough make-up (Mary Kay, Arbonne, Avon) - you'd have to spend 2 hours cleaning her face before you see the real her. It's the make-up capital of the world.
Shopaholics -Head over to any of the 12 malls in Long Island to see what the women are really like.
Braggards, like it's no one's business.
Nosy - They love to talk about their neighbors.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Can't say what the LI chicks are like, but based on this thread, the LI men sure are whiny!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 AM

815 posts, read 2,052,435 times
LI men sure are whiny

Some ladies seem to have difficulty handling the TRUTH. There is the difference between men and women. Men tell you the answer and women tell you what they think the answer should be. Maybe the OP should have specified that only one gender need answer.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:21 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Picky...picky....picky. They think they are god's gift to the planet. They require two dozen roses, dinner and jewelry for Valentines day. The December holidays require "sparkling" attire.
Materialistic - they need to make a Real Wives of Long Island pilot. Better have a well-paying job if you want to go out on a date.
How many hair and nail salons can be found in Long Island?
A girl can never have enough make-up (Mary Kay, Arbonne, Avon) - you'd have to spend 2 hours cleaning her face before you see the real her. It's the make-up capital of the world.
Shopaholics -Head over to any of the 12 malls in Long Island to see what the women are really like.
Braggards, like it's no one's business.
Nosy - They love to talk about their neighbors.
Yes, Brooklyn is a part of LI, and it sounds like you've described a lot of 86th St Brooklyn types.

Don't be painting all LI women with the same hair and nail brush.

Some of us are natural types. You know, the ones youse guys overlook cause we're not painted like a trollop, clickity clacking on impossibly high heels and spilling cleavage for everyone to oogle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: