Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 10:50 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times

Advertisements

I'm specifically asking for where in the Pacific area in the City of L.A. is good for singles or childless couples to live. The neighborhood I'm living in right now is becoming more family friendly.

The options I'm considering for the Pacific area are Westchester, Venice, or maybe, just maybe, Palms. Which one of those communities are less family-friendly and good for singles or childless couples?

Anyone know? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 11:22 PM

109 posts, read 204,725 times
Marina del Rey/Venice area. MdR has the upper income folks and generally over 30. Venice has a younger scene and more affordable places can be found. There are lots of middle class type families in Westchester. Palms has it's share of low income families with children crowding into those apartment flats.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
MDR, Venice, and Santa Monica will work. westchester is quite sleepy and palms isn't the most exciting neighborhood in LA. west LA is a slightly cheaper option that is a bit further from the beach which you may also consider. santa monica is my favorite of all, but it is also the most expensive. MDR isn't too far behind, as long as you live close to washington and not way down on the peninsula.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
MDR, Venice, and Santa Monica will work. westchester is quite sleepy and palms isn't the most exciting neighborhood in LA. west LA is a slightly cheaper option that is a bit further from the beach which you may also consider. santa monica is my favorite of all, but it is also the most expensive. MDR isn't too far behind, as long as you live close to washington and not way down on the peninsula.
Sleepy as in quiet? I wouldn't mind a quiet neighborhood either.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:37 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
i wouldn't call westchester quiet since it's next door to the airport, just a bit boring compared to its neighbors to the north. the same goes for playa del rey.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,744 times
I think "sleepy" as in lack of an active nightlife like clubs, lounges, winebars. In all honesty the Westside isn't very hip compared to Hollywood or Downtown. Weeknights in Venice or Main St. in SM feels uneventful and downright boring. I have a couple friends who live down in Playa Vista and they both love it. However, they're professionals & career-oriented so clubbing/bar-hopping isn't a priority.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
I think "sleepy" as in lack of an active nightlife like clubs, lounges, winebars. In all honesty the Westside isn't very hip compared to Hollywood or Downtown. Weeknights in Venice or Main St. in SM feels uneventful and downright boring. I have a couple friends who live down in Playa Vista and they both love it. However, they're professionals & career-oriented so clubbing/bar-hopping isn't a priority.
I wouldn't mind living in a boring neighborhood as long as the crime rate is low, there's less home invasions, and less children.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
i wouldn't call westchester quiet since it's next door to the airport, just a bit boring compared to its neighbors to the north. the same goes for playa del rey.
There are areas of Westchester that are not bad. I'll agree with "boring", though. Unless you're living at LMU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles