Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:41 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,239,236 times

Advertisements

It's 4:37 AM. I just took a look outside my front window, and saw a guy wearing khaki pants, a khaki hunting vest, and sunglasses, while walking down the middle of the street. Why is this city so weird? Can we please have the freak show elsewhere, like up in San Francisco? Why can't there just be one weirdo magnet per state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 AM

135 posts, read 477,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
It's 4:37 AM. I just took a look outside my front window, and saw a guy wearing khaki pants, a khaki hunting vest, and sunglasses, while walking down the middle of the street. Why is this city so weird? Can we please have the freak show elsewhere, like up in San Francisco? Why can't there just be one weirdo magnet per state?
The sunglasses at that time are "a little" odd but I don't see anything else as being too far out to be call "freak-ish". Walking down the middle of the street late night/early morning is a way to make sure no one jumps out from behind a bush or building to mug you. I don't see that as too odd unless its like a busy 4 lane blvd.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 AM

111 posts, read 590,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollyoncruiser View Post
The sunglasses at that time are "a little" odd but I don't see anything else as being too far out to be call "freak-ish". Walking down the middle of the street late night/early morning is a way to make sure no one jumps out from behind a bush or building to mug you. I don't see that as too odd unless its like a busy 4 lane blvd.
Such an equally dreary rationale. I do agree that this seems to be a rock solid way for avoiding muggings though. Tourist > Well Dressed > Normal > Poor Looking > Deranged or bizarre with strange attire.

At least the entire city isn't Venice Beach.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 AM

24 posts, read 45,982 times
i prefer L.A. weird to San Francisco weird / better yet Portland weird...just sayin'...dude's probably done this his entire life and sees nothing weird in it...other places people will plan to look weird...

Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,185,713 times
You want dress codes for public streets? I've seen far weirder dress than this, in many parts of the country. Maybe it's time to leave L.A. for someplace more "normal" like Merced, Bakersfield.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,585,884 times
I've seen much weirder in the states and much, much weirder overseas.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,809,814 times
Quote:
Khakis and sunglasses? Have you been to Hollywood and Vine lately? SF is the undisputed bizarro king, but LA has never had a problem getting it's own share of wierd.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,093,955 times
SF isn't weird anymore, just full of yuppies and schizoid junkie homeless people. Any time you see people carrying on in assless chaps and so on at the Folsom Street Fair or other festivals, I guarantee you that 95% of the people are from places like Utah.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,229,577 times
sounds like you saw walter sobchak

Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,686,106 times
Quote:
You must not travel much.

LA when you consider it's size is more "normal" than many other smaller cities.

I lived in LA for 20yrs, and less than 3 yrs in Portland, OR. I saw more "odd behavior" in Portland in under 3yrs than I ever did in my two decades in LA.

And I lived in Hollywood for a few years in the early 90s.

Unless he was breaking into cars or attacking someone why do you care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles