Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 AM

218 posts, read 362,481 times

Advertisements

I'll be there Sunday and I need to get some groceries. Where is the best farmer's market that has organic produce? I found the one by the Grove but I think I read about another one but I can't remember the location.

The Original Farmers Market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,865,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNita View Post
I'll be there Sunday and I need to get some groceries. Where is the best farmer's market that has organic produce? I found the one by the Grove but I think I read about another one but I can't remember the location.

The Original Farmers Market
The Original Farmers Market is nice because it is open every day.

My local Farmer's Markets is the (mind-blowingly huge) Hollywood Farmer's Market (Sunday 10AM-2PM) - Hollywood Farmers' Market in Los Angeles

Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Great it's not far from where I'll be staying. I'll check it out. Thanks!!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:47 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post

My local Farmer's Markets is the (mind-blowingly huge) Hollywood Farmer's Market (Sunday 10AM-2PM) - Hollywood Farmers' Market in Los Angeles
I have to second that, one of the better ones.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 PM

484 posts, read 872,274 times
Santa Monica Farmers Market!

I remember the LA Times describing it as the crown jewel of our farmers market, and I agree. Arguably the best in SoCal and one of the top ones in the nation. This is the one that many of the local top chefs go to.

Santa Monica Farmers Market - Home

The Hollywood one is great too.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post

Absolutely! The Hollywood Farmers' Market is definitely the best in LA with the Santa Monica Farmers' Market running a close second.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 AM

475 posts, read 508,409 times
The Hollywood one !

Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 AM

Here's my plan. Once I arrive at LAX I'm going to go to Santa Monica's Market. Then the following week or even sooner I'll go to the Hollywood Market since I'll be closer to that one where I'll be staying.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:11 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,132,098 times
The original Farmers Market by the Grove, is a lot of fun to go to, and is a great place to hang out, with lots of different options, but if you are really looking for straight up Southern California produce at a great price, your local farmers markets are a much better bet.

One I've been to a couple times after work is the La Cienega farmers market on Pico/Olympic and La Cienega. Got GREAT valencia oranges there.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,865,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykem View Post
Santa Monica Farmers Market!

I remember the LA Times describing it as the crown jewel of our farmers market, and I agree. Arguably the best in SoCal and one of the top ones in the nation. This is the one that many of the local top chefs go to.

Santa Monica Farmers Market - Home

The Hollywood one is great too.
Never been to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market but I've heard it is excellent too. I've heard it is pretty high-brow with lots of gourmet products... My dad's friend from San Luis Obispo County comes down during mushroom season and sells some sort of hard-to-find mushrooms to the local top chefs, and makes a pretty penny.

The Original Farmer's Market is cool but the prices seemed high, as it is mainly a tourist attraction at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles