Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM

30 posts, read 85,085 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I work in West Valley and my wife works around Studio City area. We are trying to move out of the proper LA city area but still make our commutes as "even" as possible, with one another. I was looking at family friendly places north of LA and Santa Clarita came up a lot. One thing I haven't found is info on the commute into town.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of what the commute would be like during either work hours or daytime regular, from the greater Santa Clarita area to West Valley or Studio City/Downtown LA? I personally consider 30-45 minutes a reasonable commute, but it seems unclear what we would be looking at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM

49 posts, read 159,719 times
i know that there is for a fact a Santa Clarita transit line that comes to the north hollywood station. i see it everyday. you might want to check it out but i dont know all the details myself. why dont you check out metro.net

Old 04-04-2012, 03:38 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,862,089 times
From Santa Clarita to Van Nuys in rush hour 35 minutes would be a good day. Anything further gets slower. The commuter bus is one thing to look into, but doubt would get you where you need to be in 45 minutes or less.

It is a great place for families to live, but the trade off is the traffic. Check on google maps, hit the traffic and change the time of the day.

If you could work/commute at off hours, then it would be great.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM

30 posts, read 85,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
From Santa Clarita to Van Nuys in rush hour 35 minutes would be a good day. Anything further gets slower. The commuter bus is one thing to look into, but doubt would get you where you need to be in 45 minutes or less.

It is a great place for families to live, but the trade off is the traffic. Check on google maps, hit the traffic and change the time of the day.

If you could work/commute at off hours, then it would be great.

Great thanks! I was also wondering about "for families" info, so good to hear! I didn't know about the time of day feature on Google Maps, thank for that also!

I currently live in Brentwood and although its twice as close by "miles" the traffic is 40 minutes or worse.. so to drive further and have same commute would be a nice trade off, if it is family friendly.

Thanks again!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM

20 posts, read 55,999 times
i commute from Valencia and it's 25 minutes without traffic/ 40 minutes with.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
Valencia/Stevenson Ranch, etc is a great family area, second only to Moorpark in my opinion. Seriously, when I'm in Moorpark I keep looking for Wally and the Beaver to come around the corner. Going north on the 405/5 after about 3-4 can get real sticky, as is the morning drive south, but it's real nice once you get there.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles