Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:36 PM

137 posts, read 454,863 times

Advertisements

wait, how tall are you again? are you petite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
It is extremely unprofessional to hit on the opposite sex on uniform. Don't you agree?
so if he was hitting on someone of the same sex, you would approve?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:46 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Dear lord, he's a human being who made a lame attempt to strike up a conversation, perhaps in order to flirt with you, perhaps just because he really was trying to practice his powers of observation.
You are blowing this way, way out of proportion. Somehow I doubt it's against the rules for a cop to strike up conversation with civilians while in uniform, I bet it's okay for them to flirt too, as long as the aren't using their position to threaten or intimidate you. (and if you are intimidated simply by people asking your age you have real problems)
I will caution you against pointlessly trying to put a stain on this guys record when he hasn't actually done anything worse than offend your delicate sensiblities. Doing so might make you a real target of intimidation, instead of an imaginary one.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,861,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Dear lord, he's a human being who made a lame attempt to strike up a conversation, perhaps in order to flirt with you, perhaps just because he really was trying to practice his powers of observation.
You are blowing this way, way out of proportion. Somehow I doubt it's against the rules for a cop to strike up conversation with civilians while in uniform, I bet it's okay for them to flirt too, as long as the aren't using their position to threaten or intimidate you. (and if you are intimidated simply by people asking your age you have real problems)
I will caution you against pointlessly trying to put a stain on this guys record when he hasn't actually done anything worse than offend your delicate sensiblities. Doing so might make you a real target of intimidation, instead of an imaginary one.
The second she hands in that form it will go straight to the trash. Who cares if she wastes her time filling it out.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 PM

749 posts, read 838,829 times
Quote:
I can be touchy if I want.
Then why not do it on your own time?

Was it worth starting a thread?

I think the cop is the winner here. If he'd have hooked up with the likes of you, he'd have had my profoundest sympathy.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:14 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Yep; it happened yesterday and I'm still fuming. Now I can never go back to that location again because I don't want to risk the chance of running into him again and because I've had such a foul experience there that being there would bring up the experience again. I am seriously considering filing a complaint. I have already downloaded the form at Commend an Employee or Report Employee Misconduct - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
Don't forget to include your date of birth on the complaint.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
Quote:
yep; it happened yesterday and i'm still fuming. Now i can never go back to that location again because i don't want to risk the chance of running into him again and because i've had such a fowl experience there that being there would bring up the experience again. I am seriously considering filing a complaint. I have already downloaded the form at commend an employee or report employee misconduct - official website of the los angeles police department
ftfy

Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
This thread is worthless without pics!

Post 'em up Jackie.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:02 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
A cop asked me for my age out of the blue today at El Pollo Loco on Sunset Blvd/Crescent Heights. NOT because he was sizing me up for something suspicious, NOT because I was in trouble, NOT because he was pulling me over or because of ANYTHING of that nature. It was only because I "look young" and he claimed he is sharpening his police skills so he can accurately gauge how old people are. Can I file a complaint for that?
How old are you anyway? Do you come here often?

He was hitting on you. Be glad you look nice enough that you get hits and quit complaining. These same people will look right through you in 40 years.

You already filed your complaint. See the OP in this topic. Complaint accepted. You're #349,026,393,949 on the list. Now serving #56...

Old 07-22-2012, 12:21 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,377 times
It is unprofessional and inappropriate for a POLICE OFFICER to hit on someone while ON THE CLOCK.

There is a difference between me asking for my age ONLINE (which is solicited) and someone offering me their opinion (unsolicited). Especially a police officer since it is unprofessional. Me asking for opinions online about my age does NOT negate the fact that what he did was OFFENSIVE, UNPROFESSIONAL and INAPPROPRIATE. He still deserves a reprimand for that.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 AM

137 posts, read 454,863 times
jackie100, i would like to take you on a date. i'm 6'3", tall, dark, and handsome. i weigh 187 lbs. i'm only 26, but i look 45. i was thinking we could go to the el pollo loco near alvarado and 6th. what thinkest thou?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: