Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times

Advertisements

I haven't been approached for that in a while, despite an obvious need for some repair. I have never considered it. One time I got cursed at for declining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,234 times
i got approached by a couple of these guys in the hollywood area i almost let one fix the dent on my bumper but was extremely annoyed that he was on my case about it and when i told him to give me his number ill be back in 30 i gotta go somewhere he refused thats when i said this conversation was over ignored everything past that got in my car and drove away lol

i did how ever fall to a scam in west hollywood chase parking lot where these guys in a truck pulled up next to me said their boss orderedextra home theater systems and that they want to get rid of them before they notice, showed me a reciept and everything for a mclaren home theater sound system . i had some extra cash i was looking at buying speakers so i said what the heck and bought one , came home to find out my roommate had bought two from the same guys lol. we opened one package all the speakers were there except that they were filled with sand. somehow they still work so we just use them to play music .

Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
Has anyone been approached by this italian guy in a black SUV? I've been approached by him twice now lol. The first time he told me he was coming from an event at the convention center for watches and was trying to unload these watches on me for $20 each. I told him no and that was that. This was at a 7-Eleven. The second time I was taking a walk during my break from work and the same dude pulls up on me. He didn't recognize me but gave me the same pitch but this time with some Gucci products. I told him how I remembered him from the first meeting and he just took off, haha.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:29 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
I was recently approached by a young man(probably under 20) about taking my (brand new)car to his cousin's shop to "beast" it. Apparently my electric sedan needs a more aggressive profile, some of those panel extensions to make it look like it's sitting lower, and a large spoiler. According to this young gentleman I simply "won't get no p***y" if I look like I care about such trivial things as the environment and saving money. Thank goodness he saw me and informed me of my dire situation.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:47 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,788,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
I was recently approached by a young man(probably under 20) about taking my (brand new)car to his cousin's shop to "beast" it. Apparently my electric sedan needs a more aggressive profile, some of those panel extensions to make it look like it's sitting lower, and a large spoiler. According to this young gentleman I simply "won't get no p***y" if I look like I care about such trivial things as the environment and saving money. Thank goodness he saw me and informed me of my dire situation.
so when are you going in for the beasting? remember to post pics!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Beasting?...wow..

Old 08-09-2014, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
Here is a photo of the "Nick Moore" who tried this on me in Tucson on August 8 2014. There was some irony, as just that morning I had asked a mechanic for a trusted auto body place and he said "Thoroughbred Auto Body" so I started to fall for it when this dude came up to our window and said he worked for Thoroughbred Auto Body and was doing some side and could save us some money.

He started in on it and actually bumped out a couple wide shallow dents before starting in on the hokey BS painting at which point I called a halt to it. Standing there with a cell phone kinda became fun. Then I called Thoroughbred Auto Body. No surprise when they said no one by that name worked there. No surprise when he wouldn't show me his ID. No surprise when he got nervous and left either. I still feel pretty stupid even though it all pretty much came out ok.

Last edited by bfrazier; 08-09-2014 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: photo

Old 08-23-2014, 04:43 AM

205 posts, read 409,797 times
I see these guys in the Marina Del Rey shopping center. They are really aggressive. I tell them to F off. I also see dudes selling home stereo systems. In front of the CVS theres always a guy dressed in all white asking for change. By Nichols restaurant sometime I see a WHOLE family begging for change by the driveway. Mom, Dad, and two small kids. They will be there for HOURS!! Poor kids.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:45 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse977 View Post
I see these guys in the Marina Del Rey shopping center. They are really aggressive. I tell them to F off. I also see dudes selling home stereo systems. In front of the CVS theres always a guy dressed in all white asking for change. By Nichols restaurant sometime I see a WHOLE family begging for change by the driveway. Mom, Dad, and two small kids. They will be there for HOURS!! Poor kids.
I'd call child protective services regarding the kids -- they shouldn't be dragged into that.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:17 AM
aua

1 posts, read 1,512 times
I was at the parking lot of a mini shopping mall near Alhambra, CA, a lady approached me and claimed his son can do the repair job and one minute later, his son showed up. To make a very very very long story short, I lost +$100 advance money for his son to buy the "paint" but of course he never comeback (I know what you are thinking now but believe me, there were quite a few drama happened in between which I can probably write a book on it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles