Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Exactly. I bet you this guy has never had a job in his life and still lives in his parents basement. He doesn't understand the concept of taxes. People need to realize that LA is not like other desperate cities. St.Louis for instance doesn't have anything that makes it stand out. Nobody makes St.Louis a primary destination for any reason, thus, they felt the need to ***** out public funds to lure the Rams. That city is broke, still owes money on that stadium and will be on the hook for renovations or a new stadium.

LA doesn't think like that, never has and never will. Like I said before, it's not wise to leave LA, especially for a smaller market. Both the Rams and the Raiders are at the bottom of the league in just about every financial category, while the Lakers....and NBA team, are more valuable than both of them.
yeah i still live in my parents house, unemployed but desperately want a job though, been almost a year since i've been out of work because of the ******* competition, i don't care if taxes took money out of my paycheck, thats how much i want an NFL team, if there is too many things to do in L.A., then why is L.A. smaller than New York population wise? more people should move to L.A. than New York then

Last edited by Count David; 09-26-2012 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,540,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
yeah i still live in my parents house, unemployed but desperately want a job though, been almost a year since i've been out of work because of the ******* competition, i don't care if taxes took money out of my paycheck, thats how much i want an NFL team, if there is too many things to do in L.A., then why is L.A. smaller than New York population wise? more people should move to L.A. than New York then
Objection your honor. Irrelevant.

Last edited by Count David; 09-26-2012 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
Quote:
Wow, is this guy for real?

Last edited by Count David; 09-26-2012 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
Objection your honor. Irrelevant.
Edit, your honor: Ironic entertainment.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,540,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Edit, your honor: Ironic entertainment.
Sustained. I'll allow...

Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Wow, is this guy for real?
yeah whats wrong with using tax dollars to fund a sports stadium, arena?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Exactly. I bet you this guy has never had a job in his life and still lives in his parents basement. He doesn't understand the concept of taxes. People need to realize that LA is not like other desperate cities. St.Louis for instance doesn't have anything that makes it stand out. Nobody makes St.Louis a primary destination for any reason, thus, they felt the need to ***** out public funds to lure the Rams. That city is broke, still owes money on that stadium and will be on the hook for renovations or a new stadium.

LA doesn't think like that, never has and never will. Like I said before, it's not wise to leave LA, especially for a smaller market. Both the Rams and the Raiders are at the bottom of the league in just about every financial category, while the Lakers....and NBA team, are more valuable than both of them.
i understand the concept of taxes, the taxes take some money out of your paycheck for your job, but i'm glad that money is going somewhere useful, to something i want

Old 09-29-2012, 10:37 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
The Rams and the Raiders had deteriorated into two of the most incompetently run sports franchise in America when they left in the mid-nineties, and Los Angeles will NEVER support or tolerate incompetent management and/or ownership.

The Lakers have never had incompetent ownership or a front office loaded with morons in the 45+ years I've been following the sport dating back to the opening of the Forum in the late sixties.

The Dodgers always had solid management and ownership until Peter O'Malley decided to sell the team because in his own words, 'I hated dealing with politicians'; given the new ownership and management team, that oproblem has been solved, but the idiotic politicians remain in place.

In either case, neither franchise would need a dime from LA's citizens if they wanted a new facility.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd1 View Post
No way. Need to offer higher-end housing and moderate housing in that area to provide closer housing for professionals working in downtown los angeles. Professionals that work in downtown LA need alternatives to condo hi-rise buildings and lofts. Need SFH with green belts, parks, schools, retail etc within an area they will consider living and raising families. I'd even say let it be 100% private schools up there.

There is urban all around that hilltop. Forget about the past. That area needed cleaning up big time. Dodgers did LA a big favor building that staduim.

Biggest darn question on this board: "is it safe" "is it safe" "is it safe" well here you go, its gated, its new, its higher end, its safe.
Hancock Park offers that. SFH with lawns.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:55 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
yeah whats wrong with using tax dollars to fund a sports stadium, arena?
Everything...otherwise, nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles