Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,024,463 times

Advertisements

..found a place already from prior contacts. He's really happy to be back after leaving two years ago. This is his third move back.

He's giving himself six months to make things happen again with the creative/beauty world and I'm happy for him. He drove all the way down from PA. He was going to try to make things work in NYC, but he doesn't like the city and I get what he's talking about after moving back here.

I do envy him a bit. Beautiful weather, laid back attitude, not having to worry about the cops pulling you over for being black, but for REAL driving infractions and pretty people all over the place. LOL!

I may visit him in a couple of months. Yeah, with all the *ish I talk, I do miss the city just not the struggle and brokeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM

184 posts, read 353,434 times
Cool..best of luck to him.

I still don't think L.A is laid back...but definitely the weather is better than NYC and the people are much better looking lol.

Sorry..but the average New Yorker isn't very attractive vs L.A

Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times
Although it's obvious that not everyone had your situation and the struggle/brokeness you had.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,712,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He's giving himself six months to make things happen again with the creative/beauty world and I'm happy for him.
Hooray for Hollywood!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM

672 posts, read 2,174,684 times
Quote:
I may visit him in a couple of months. Yeah, with all the *ish I talk, I do miss the city just not the struggle and brokeness.
I live in LA, and I manage to have a situation where I don't struggle too much thankfully. Let's hope it lasts.

But I used to live in London. I loved that town so stinking much, but, I couldn't take, as you say "the struggle and brokeness". It was so expensive, and life without money in London was so different than life with money. It was such an "outside looking in" experience that I ultimately just had to give up.

And I know for a lot of people here, my outsider experience in London is their experience here.

I hope your friend can 'get over the hump' and make it here. If you can make a livable wage, this town is so nice.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bophisto View Post
Cool..best of luck to him.

I still don't think L.A is laid back...but definitely the weather is better than NYC and the people are much better looking lol.

Sorry..but the average New Yorker isn't very attractive vs L.A
That's what HE said. LOL!

He stayed with a friend in the Williamsburg section where the transplants live and said he KNEW they weren't NYers cause they were too attractive. LOL!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM

True...I now don't live in a great part of the city...but having grown in West L.A you definitely feel the difference.

No other cities maybe there isn't too much of a difference because there aren't all the bars/restaurants and other places you can visit like you can in L.A .

Of course there are rich people in every city ...but in L.A it's a bit different.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Although it's obvious that not everyone had your situation and the struggle/brokeness you had.
Oh, he had it, which is why he left several times.

This time he intends to make it, because his skills are better and can back up his work. He saved up enough to last six months.

Look, I don't knock anyone and LA is a cool city minus the financial struggles.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM

LOL that is funny! GF and I were in NYC a few months back and she said "I thought NYC people were attractive" ..because of her image of NYC from movies,,etc

in L.A ...it's not unusual that the people on the STREET are more attractive even than those in the movies or tv.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times
Quote:
Oh, he had it, which is why he left several time.

This time he intends to make it, because his skills are better and can back up his work. He saved up enough to last six months.

Look, I don't knock anyone and LA is a cool city minus the financial struggles.
You don't? Isn't that exactly what was going on when you were into that LA-NYC debate on here the other week? Or am I wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles