Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 16,736,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The Alex Jones crowd is going nuts on Facebook because his wallet (more to the point: positive ID) wasn't destroyed by the fire. Some of you know what I did for a living for 27 years, and it isn't uncommon to find that stuff intact on a severely burned victim, especially when they're in an environment where fire doesn't consume them from all aspects of the body. Think: wallet in rear pants pocket on a sitting or supine victim who is on a nonflammable surface (cellar floor, in his case) with the added protection of a very bulky, fleshy part of the body. And he didn't look as if his ass would have had much adipose tissue to fuel the flames.

Fontucky, who is Alex Jones? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with him (or that). So what is the big hoopla on Facebook? I don't have Facebook so I haven't followed any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,976,288 times
He's a hugely popular figure in conspiracy theory circles, and Facebook is popping with CT about the Dorner hoopla.
Personally, I wouldn't believe Alex Jones if he told me the sun was shining while we were both standing outside on the lowest part of Death Valley at high noon in July.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM

8,337 posts, read 13,474,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Fontucky, who is Alex Jones? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with him (or that). So what is the big hoopla on Facebook? I don't have Facebook so I haven't followed any of it.
Yeah, same here, no idea who he is (I suppose I could Google him but not sure if I would get the right guy?) and also what is going on on Facebook (I loath FB so I don't have an account)?

Also, kinda curious, were you like a paramedic before?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
He's a hugely popular figure in conspiracy theory circles, and Facebook is popping with CT about the Dorner hoopla.
Personally, I wouldn't believe Alex Jones if he told me the sun was shining while we were both standing outside on the lowest part of Death Valley at high noon in July.
Oh. Those nuts.

And now we're going to have to listen to the media go on and on about this for weeks. All of them claiming they know his mental state, claiming he was psychotic, claiming he this or that. If it's one thing the media can do is chew on something until the flavor's gone. In fact, I think it's time I unsubscribe from this thread because the event is over and now the victims have to be buried.

If the LAPD has internal problems, they will be addressed. They are under the microscope right now but I'm not a resident of LA County so it wouldn't be fair of me to even make a comment. What I do know about the LAPD is that many many many years ago, it was a highly corrupt department. It was cleaned up pretty well but there are always bad apples in any department. LA isn't an anomaly.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,976,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

Also, kinda curious, were you like a paramedic before?
Like a firefighter.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:25 AM

13,584 posts, read 15,684,662 times
Like cool...or hot I should say...

Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,723,033 times
Quote:
The Alex Jones crowd is going nuts on Facebook because his wallet (more to the point: positive ID) wasn't destroyed by the fire. Some of you know what I did for a living for 27 years, and it isn't uncommon to find that stuff intact on a severely burned victim, especially when they're in an environment where fire doesn't consume them from all aspects of the body. Think: wallet in rear pants pocket on a sitting or supine victim who is on a nonflammable surface (cellar floor, in his case) with the added protection of a very bulky, fleshy part of the body. And he didn't look as if his ass would have had much adipose tissue to fuel the flames.
I don't know what ya did for 27 years but I have investigated more than a few fires (some were arson) in my years in insurance. That would of been an unusually hot fire to have completely consumed a body I'm thinking. So I agree it's not unusual that a wallet wasn't consumed in the fire.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I don't know what ya did for 27 years but I have investigated more than a few fires (some were arson) in my years in insurance. That would of been an unusually hot fire to have completely consumed a body I'm thinking. So I agree it's not unusual that a wallet wasn't consumed in the fire.
Trying not to veer off topic but just this once. About fires. Is it true that, when investigating a fire, you look for the deepest burn spot to determine the origin of the fire? (Not sure I'm saying that right) but wouldn't the charred area be worse in the place where the fire started? Of course, then the cause needs to be determined; i.e. accelerant, electrical Etc. ???? I've been watching too many episodes of CSI

Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,723,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Trying not to veer off topic but just this once. About fires. Is it true that, when investigating a fire, you look for the deepest burn spot to determine the origin of the fire? (Not sure I'm saying that right) but wouldn't the charred area be worse in the place where the fire started? Of course, then the cause needs to be determined; i.e. accelerant, electrical Etc. ???? I've been watching too many episodes of CSI
Ask Fontucky.

I walk in and see where there's an accelerant splash pattern and note the arson.

1 claim I handled was a Health Club in Bakersfield that we thought might of been the owner but couldn't prove it. He was in the red pretty bad and that seemed a motive. Neither could the fire marshall or our own expert we hired prove who actually started the fire. So we recommended the claim be paid and it was (I was working for an independent adjusting co at the time).

We determine the cause as best we can though, as we might be able to subrogate against a third party.

I'm kinda iffy on that case now as it might of been that fire investigator that was burning buildings up and down the central valley. And the darn health club was pretty close to 99, which fits his mo...

Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM

Thanks, Senno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles