Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 02:54 AM

2 posts, read 7,902 times

Advertisements

Last night, I received a parking ticket and got my vehicle towed away. According to the citation it was 80.69(a) Stopping or Standing Prohibited,

(a) Stopping or Standing Prohibited. Whenever authorized signs are in place giving notice that stopping or standing is prohibited during such hours or on such days as are indicated on such signs, it shall be unlawful for any person to stop or stand or park any vehicle at any time during such hours or such days.

Well, here is another story of them L.A. Folks getting them parking tickets and towed from them EVIL LA county officials. Last night around 7:45pm, I parked my vehicle along Gower Street by De Longpre to visit my friend who lives along the neighborhood. I have always parked my vehicle there for about 1 year and never got any citation until now. When my visit was over, I noticed my vehicle was gone. At first, I thought my vehicle was stolen. I walked around the neighborhood to make sure, if I see any sign of illegal parking, and there was nothing. I walk back to my friend's home and informed him what was going on. His neighbor overheard our discussion outside, the neighbor claimed he saw a tow truck about 20 minutes and towed a vehicle.

Then, I proceeded to call every tow company around the area. I guess the neighbor was right, my vehicle was towed. I proceeded to retrieve my vehicle back and asked the reason why my vehicle was towed. The clerk claimed does not know why my vehicle was towed showed me the citation I received which was 80.69(a) Stopping or Standing Prohibited. This citation does not make any sense, since there was no sign of illegal parking or colored curbs. If this was the issue, the officer would just issue me a ticket and walk away. Instead, I received a citation, and pay the fees for my impounded vehicle which caused me over $400 dollars (the citation is $95.00 + Impounded/Tow $280+other fees).

Attachment 115808
This is along Gower in front of the RV is where I parked my vehicle. All the vehicles did not receive any citation besides me, why didn't they towed or cite this vehicles instead? I parked my vehicles with them, so maybe its legal.

Attachment 115809
Behind the SUV is where I parked my vehicle, when it was towed. I guess my small vehicle was easily towed instead of the RVs, and yet they have no citations besides me.

Attachment 115810
When I came to park, the Limo was parked here before me probably the longest, and yet no citations.

Why did I received a parking tickets and towed?-signs2.jpg
Well this was the only signs from the stretch from Gower along DeLongpre. If the picture is too small to read. The above sign states No Parking on 10AM to 1PM Street Sweeping. The green signs states 1 Hour parking MON to SAT 8AM-8PM / Sun 11AM to 8PM The officers could just cite me a ticket ... but he also towed my vehicle. I wonder why?

I do not understand, I felt I was wrongfully cited and some crooked officer falsified the location and description of my parked vehicle. Did I do anything wrong? Well, I never contest or appeal a ticket before, since I got plenty of time and all. I just thought about folks who lives in low-income community and thought about how they going to pay for this mess. Hopefully I make a difference and put a mark of them crooked officers running the streets.

I am going to contest this ticket. What you guys think? Am I going to win and get an appeal for this?
Maybe I missed something? There aren't any colored pavements/curbs and I always parked here many time and never received a citation or towed until now. So anyways, beware of the falsified citations. I believe there should be a new law where citations enforcers mandatory take picture/snapshot of parking infractions, because this looks fraud to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Why did I received a parking tickets and towed?-signs-.jpg  

Last edited by KGoodman25; 08-07-2013 at 03:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 13,564 times
Wow, $400 in total. If your claim is true this is way too much for a simple infractions.

I've been around the neighborhood, those area looks very shady to me. Your story reminded me the time my wife received a parking ticket in an area she never been too. I told her why she parked along Wilshire and La Brea. She told me she never parked the vehicle in that street. Since I live around the area, the area is a far walk from where I lived. We really do not know how to contest this, we just paid it off since it was like a $75 fine. Yeah, it was a false description. Hope you win though!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 13,564 times
Since we are talking about parking issue might as well bring this up, I just saw this video

[url=http://youtu.be/2O6rdy7XuoA]FALL SWEEPS: A Street Sweeping and Parking Enforcement Investigation - YouTube[/url]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2O6rdy7XuoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
HA! I KNEW a link was forthcoming! Buzz spamming from Engrish-challenged posters with new accounts and single digit post counts. I'll bet 10 bucks the IP address resolves to China.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,339 times
huh, its a link to youtube... which is americano

Old 08-07-2013, 04:07 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
And your point is....

Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM

199 posts, read 400,377 times
I'll tell you why you got ticketed and towed. You parked in a bus zone. There's a sign right there that says "NO STOPPING // 2:30pm - 11:30pm // BUS ZONE // TUESDAY AND FRIDAY" with a picture of a tow truck towing away a car on it. If you don't believe me, look at Google StreetView. It's between the door for Stage 9 and Stage 8, right in front of the gold minivan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles