Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 2,290 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any personal experience with Councilman Krekorian? (district 2)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 06:29 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,395,722 times
Wasn't Krekorian the one who worked on the issue of the Verdugo Hills mud flow?

Old 12-02-2014, 10:18 AM

I believe he was.
I was just wondering if anyone had experience with working with I'm or could share any details about him.

I have a feeling all of the insensitive building, over development & all the loss of our older & historic homes has to do with him.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
What insensitive building and over development ?

Where is the over development in North Hollywood, Valley Glen or Even Studio City?

Where are all these older and historic homes in these areas being demolished?

I think these areas are actually underdeveloped.

Valley Plaza and Laurel Plaza are two center in North Hollywood that are really outdated and a poor use of land.

NoHo's Dated Laurel Plaza Shopping Center Going Mixed-Use - DevelopmentWatch - Curbed LA

It's ridiculous how long these projects get stalled for.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:10 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,851,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What insensitive building and over development ?

Where is the over development in North Hollywood, Valley Glen or Even Studio City?

Where are all these older and historic homes in these areas being demolished?

I think these areas are actually underdeveloped.

Valley Plaza and Laurel Plaza are two center in North Hollywood that are really outdated and a poor use of land.

NoHo's Dated Laurel Plaza Shopping Center Going Mixed-Use - DevelopmentWatch - Curbed LA

It's ridiculous how long these projects get stalled for.
What is his district? East Valley?

NM Google is my friend. It is the East Valley.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:56 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
Yeah, if anything he should be pushing for more development in the East Valley..

I don't think we have any worry of the east valley looking like Dubai, Tokyo, Manhattan or even Downtown L.A anytime soon.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:03 PM

I would be terrified to see what "more development" looks like to jm1982. Its starting to look like the neighborhood in Edward Scissorhands.
In a city that holds almost 4 million people & you want more development?

Preservation of the structures that created this city is crucial.

Either way, it doesn't sound like anyone here has experienced Paul Krekorian.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:55 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,851,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbacktocali View Post
I would be terrified to see what "more development" looks like to jm1982. Its starting to look like the neighborhood in Edward Scissorhands.
In a city that holds almost 4 million people & you want more development?

Preservation of the structures that created this city is crucial.

Either way, it doesn't sound like anyone here has experienced Paul Krekorian.
I think jm1982 means filling in empty shopping centers and vacant lots with more retail and housing. Not sure if you are aware, but LA has a housing shortage so we do need more development. Certainly not the kind seen in Edward Scissorhands though.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:57 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbacktocali View Post
I believe he was.
I was just wondering if anyone had experience with working with I'm or could share any details about him.

I have a feeling all of the insensitive building, over development & all the loss of our older & historic homes has to do with him.
Kerkorian was only elected to the City Council in 2009. He is only 1 of 15 members on the council. He does represent the valley but highly doubtful he is primarily responsible for this "over building" you refer to.

When he was in the state assembly he crafted the first major overhaul of the incentives for keeping filming in California. As councilman he has had the audacity to call attention to the poor state of our sidewalks (see link). L.A. Councilman Paul Krekorian pushes sidewalk-repair plan

Are you a stooge for one of his former opponents? Since you are concerned, where is your evidence Krekorian is a stooge for developers?

As for this insensitive over-building, take note that about 20% of all NEW housing in LA over the past decade has been built in downtown LA. That includes the re-use of former empty buildings and building on existing surface parking lots. That is hardly wasteful or insensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles