Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 01:35 AM

13,585 posts, read 15,701,568 times

Advertisements

I like to walk in both Santa Monica as well as Los Angeles. In fact, just yesterday I went for a nice six mile walk in SM, and it was quite pleasant. And would you like to guess how many times I stubbed a toe on a bit of uneven sidewalk?

Not once.

So then, can somebody please tell me...

WHY THE HELL CAN'T THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES FIX UNEVEN SIDEWALKS?!?!?!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is incredible to me how unbelievable POORLY this city is managed. EVERY single neighboring city I've seen keeps their sidewalks level by shaving down uneven pieces of sidewalk. This is an important part of city maintenance so that people can SAFELY traverse a sidewalk without NEARLY FALLING DOWN! Fixing dangerous sidewalks is a fundamental reason for having a city government in the first place.

So then, why can other cities take care of this matter, YET LOS ANGELES CANNOT?!

Some of our sidewalks are so bad they should have been repaired DECADES ago. Is nobody in city hall embarrassed by this? Why even have a city hall to begin with if they cannot address this matter?

This city's management is so pathetic -- everybody in city hall from Garcetti the union hack all the way down should be thoroughly EMBARRASSED. $40 million in a DWP slush fund, yet there's no money to fix the sidewalks? Are you kidding? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

This was once a nice place to live I'm told, but now this city is like a microcosm of a failing empire, too bloated, inefficient, callous, short-sighted, and corrupt to maintain itself, about ready to collapse under its own weight.

What a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,906,905 times
Los Angeles is considering shifting the cost and responsibility of sidewalk repair onto property owners: L.A. sidewalk repair costs should shift to property owners, city report says - LA Times

So property owners might get to pay double -- first they pay property taxes, then they pay again for the services which their property taxes were supposed to finance.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:17 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,438,291 times
You couldn't find a way to partially blame immigrants and the homeless for your stubbed toe too?

I'm surprised.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 06-04-2015 at 09:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles