Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,722 times

Advertisements

I've never posted before but looking for people currently in a similar situation to give me advice right away. I live in a very eclectic part of town and have all types of neighbors around me.

Our NEXT DOOR neighbors have been causing trouble again and now I'm just over it but really hate to escalate things...feeling I don't have a choice. He throws his trash in our yard when he's supposedly cleaning up. I had a little lawn sign on my lawn that suddenly went missing, and the last straw was my potting soil that he said was " too dang smelly" ended up on my front porch! I'm at my wits end and thinking of getting a "nanny cam" for my neighbor and then show the police to get them charged with trespassing or vandalism!

I've been nothing but cordial and nice to him and his family but he's just rude and obnoxious along with their disrespectful kids. Is anyone dealing with this now and what are you doing to stop it Do you have cameras and is there a good company or PI I should hire to help?UGH....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:12 PM

8,570 posts, read 10,994,797 times
Go online and buy yourself a video surveillance system from "Q See".(amazon sells them)
Real great system.
Install, and as soon as you have solid evidence to your neighbors violating your property, call police and show them the video.

Bob.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,209,128 times
Lots of threads about neighbors from one time posters lately.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:25 PM

42,854 posts, read 26,322,713 times
I wouldn't get hard wired cameras with a DVR, you can get wireless cameras (they still need an electrical outlet) with a monitor for around $200 for two cameras, you can set them to record on motion and any activity will be time/date stamped. Some of them are IP cameras which you can monitor with your smartphone as well as the provided monitor. We had a nutty neighbor who would run around the perimeter of my yard and bark at my dogs in order to get them to bark, then she would video them barking and call animal control, it only stopped when we installed surveillance cameras. The head of animal control got a kick out of watching her run around the outside of our deck waving a red towel and going "bark bark bark" until one of the dogs finally barked back at her - twice

Old 08-15-2015, 06:32 PM

645 posts, read 751,531 times
neighbors suck! one bad neighbor can mess up the whole street...my neighbors that moved in right across the street a few months ago are as ghetto as they come....have already had a few altercations with them....type of neighbors that have loud junkie cars parked everywhere, unemployed but can live in a house wha tha hell?, in the front yard day and night doing nothing but staring at the air with nothing better to do..lol....caught them coming onto my property throwing their garbage in my trash bins one time had my big azz dad go over there and scare the crap out of the skinny unemployed dude that lives there....lol I also have thought about front porch cameras because for me well in my case I think people who are in their front yard day and night are suspicious like what the hell can you be doing at all hours of the day and night just in your front yard? if you have already had incidents where they have actually come onto your property then you should put the cameras for proof because who knows what they will do next they are pretty brave to step foot on your property...so be cautious

Old 08-17-2015, 12:23 PM

1,122 posts, read 963,580 times
Yep get cameras...only way to do it. Sorry this is happening to you and anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: