Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 07:48 AM

34 posts, read 95,627 times

Advertisements

I am based overseas and I own an ancient single residential house in Beverly Hills PO 90210 which I bought in trust for a HIV childrens charity.

My tenant has left. My current property manager has had some ethics infractions, according to CALBRE, and for this reason I am reluctant for him to handle things.

The house is built in 1927. It is old, unrenovated and is priced accordingly. It is the cheapest single residential house in 90210 and is in a whisper quiet street where all the neighbors know one another. It would best suit a couple of students (the young George Lucas lived in the house back in the 60s and 70s) or an online businessman rather than a family.

I need a very long term tenant ie. 5 years or more who has a decent credit score. In the absence of a decent score, it would be necessary to pay well in advance (as my last excellent tenant did).

Can anyone recommend a reliable, proactive property manager who can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rainbowtokyo; 07-31-2015 at 08:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 08:42 PM

No luck so far.

All suggestions appreciated as I really need a tenant.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:10 PM

6 posts, read 16,501 times
First - your requirements. In California, it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of family, composition, age, etc. so any PM company that assures you that they will not move a family in is saying that they will bend the law. Secondly, families have a tendency to stay and students generally move every couple of years, so it would be very surprising if you could get a student tenant to sign for 5 years. And I don't know why you want to limit your rental income, which a 5 year lease would do.

If your rents are really that low compared to surrounding rentals, it is easy enough to rent a house before it is vacant, and you'll probably be able to increase the rents 10% a year.

I know all this because I worked for B2re.com for several years - and recommend them. Very legal and by the book - and within those bounds Mike will follow the owner's request for management style. I've sent other friends to them, and they continue to be happy with the service. They are based in Westwood, and they manage single family rentals all over the LA area.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 PM

Thanks Eldawren

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 PM

No luck so far.

All ideas appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: