Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,330 times

Advertisements

Can someone know tell me more about Calabasas? I like to know which area of Calabasas is better living area and which area is not? and Why? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 11:51 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,063,550 times
There are zero bad areas. The whole area is upscale. The public school system is top-notch. Mostly single-family housing, but there are some condos and apartments nearer to the 101. Some people like to live near the freeway for convenience for commuting and because that's where all the stores are. Others like to live up in the hills near Mullholland. There's barely a town, it's quite spread out suburbia. Some very posh areas (think the Kardashians). Has a lot of access to nature.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:44 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,694,101 times
If you don't need to commute to the city then look at the Las Virgenes Road area. Less traffic, quiet, lots of restaurants, everything is clean and new, low crime.

It gets even better as you get out to Agoura Hills and West Lake Village / Thousand Oaks if you want to get even more rural. I've never seen a nicer Target store and In 'n Out Burger joint in my life. Once you see the Canejo Valley you'll wonder why anyone would want to live in the city.

One major downside is the heat. 108 degree summers.

Another downside is that there's no nightlife in the Canejo Valley. Families, kids and retired folks.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:55 AM

6,234 posts, read 3,619,269 times
Yes to everything said above. I would not recommend living there if you have to commute into the city of Los Angeles or if you're young and single looking to mingle. But it is a clean, well-manicured, affluent city all around. (Except Justin Bieber lives--or lived--there and was pissing off the neighbors with his parties and rowdy friends.) Close access to the beaches of Malibu too.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:33 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,922,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
If you don't need to commute to the city then look at the Las Virgenes Road area. Less traffic, quiet, lots of restaurants, everything is clean and new, low crime.

It gets even better as you get out to Agoura Hills and West Lake Village / Thousand Oaks if you want to get even more rural. I've never seen a nicer Target store and In 'n Out Burger joint in my life. Once you see the Canejo Valley you'll wonder why anyone would want to live in the city.

Another downside is that there's no nightlife in the Canejo Valley. Families, kids and retired folks.
The main downside is that the whole area is way too far from most job centers. I'd live in Agoura or Thousand Oaks in a heartbeat if it was closer to my job in Downtown.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:33 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,063,550 times
Quote:
Once you see the Canejo Valley you'll wonder why anyone would want to live in the city. One major downside is the heat. 108 degree summers.
Agree with you, it's a lovely place to live. It's actually Conejo, which means rabbit in Spanish. And there are a zillion running around here! Also, 108 degrees would be very rare in the CV. Most summers are not quite that hot! Usually they're way lower than say, Woodland Hills. I'd say most highs are 90-100.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,635,052 times
Quote:

Not a place that someone looking for diversity would look either. The demographics are like how most of the San Fernando Valley was in the 1970s. Overwhelmingly non-Latino white, a few Latinos, practically no one else.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:37 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,162,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
The main downside is that the whole area is way too far from most job centers. I'd live in Agoura or Thousand Oaks in a heartbeat if it was closer to my job in Downtown.
Agreed. Both are very nice.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:52 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,694,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I would not recommend living there if you're young and single looking to mingle
I will say that there are no ugly girls in the Conejo! It's just hard to meet them because they're all going about their business. If they go out at night to mingle then they probably travel to Hollywood. No bars in the Conejo. Even Sagebrush Cantina (in the San Fernando Valley part of Calabasas) is a bit of a retirement home from what I've heard.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,635,052 times
Quote:
I will say that there are no ugly girls in the Conejo! It's just hard to meet them because they're all going about their business. .
Or they're off limits because they're underage.

There are a small number of bars in the Conejo, not many though. Then again the L.A. area seems to have a general aversion to bars, outside of a few small areas. L.A.'s war on bars

Last edited by majoun; 04-02-2016 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles