Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 07:08 PM

908 posts, read 1,303,968 times

Advertisements

There are some apartments if you head north of the 101, especially right off Reseda Blvd.

Technically speaking, a small area north of the 101 before you get into Reseda is part of Tarzana, but based on appearance, it might as well be part of Reseda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 09:50 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Just a couple working their tails off to earn a living for themselves. Just senseless.
Exactly. Some say it was over just a sandwich and a beer, but what they saw was someone taking away from something they worked their asses off to build.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:57 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,029,400 times
Yes, someone was stealing their "profits", which would affect their livelihood. I saw on the news that LAPD caught the suspect. I hope justice is served.

Video Shows Deadly Confrontation Between Married 7-Eleven Employees and Alleged Shoplifter in Valley Village | KTLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Exactly. Some say it was over just a sandwich and a beer, but what they saw was someone taking away from something they worked their asses off to build.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:17 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
I visit friends in Tarzana at least once a month. I've never seen any sign of gang activity or graffiti in the area. We usually dine at restaurants along Ventura Blvd. We've not seen any evidence of gangs hanging out in the area.
Try later at night.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:55 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
The numbers speak for themselves

From Neighborhood Scout since CD no longer updates their demographics

32.8- National Median Avg.

222- Crimes per square mile Los Angeles

83-Median for CA

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

You can pay and figure out how bad your hood is if you want.

Last edited by Yac; 04-08-2016 at 07:01 AM..

Old 03-28-2016, 12:17 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Yes, someone was stealing their "profits", which would affect their livelihood. I saw on the news that LAPD caught the suspect. I hope justice is served.

Video Shows Deadly Confrontation Between Married 7-Eleven Employees and Alleged Shoplifter in Valley Village | KTLA
Better stolen profits and alive than fighting a psycho and DEAD.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:08 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Eventually enough of these stories will come out and then there will be real outrage towards the mentally ill psycho homeless roaming the streets of CA making good peoples lives' difficult.

But for now we will hear his sob story about how he was beaten as kid or some BS when the people working there that were productive members of society are no longer productive.

Don't expect anything soon with Governor Moonbeam/Eric Garcetti in power or the ACLU suing into oblivion for the rights of the homeless so long as the ACLU lawyer doesn't have to live in the neighborhood he is defending.
Good point.

Yes obviously not all homeless are killers.

But a lot of these senseless ,random and violent crimes are committed by the homeless.

Just some examples :

Here was another one at a 7/11 that I can remember

Man Dies After Being Set on Fire Outside 7-Eleven | KTLA

'NCIS' actress Pauley Perrette attacked by homeless man in Hollywood Hills, police say - LA Times

Venice Beach Restaurant Owner Recovers After Homeless Man Bites Off Part Of His Finger « CBS Los Angeles

Old 03-28-2016, 11:48 AM

581 posts, read 921,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
The numbers speak for themselves

From Neighborhood Scout since CD no longer updates their demographics

32.8- National Median Avg.

222- Crimes per square mile Los Angeles

83-Median for CA

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

You can pay and figure out how bad your hood is if you want.
How does this relate to the estates in Tarzana? I have lived most of my life on the west side of Los Angeles (Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades and Brentwood) and although I have driven through and was aware of the San Fernando Valley I never spent any time there until my long time neighbors moved out there. We thought they were crazy but they seem to really like living there.

Last edited by Yac; 04-08-2016 at 07:01 AM..

Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Better stolen profits and alive than fighting a psycho and DEAD.
Sure, of course they wouldn't choose to lose their lives over it, but I'm guessing if they worked in that type of work a long time similar things have happened before.
I'm not a 'gun nut'
But hearing stories like this...I always wonder if they did have a gun to protect themselves would this guy be alive today?

Old 03-28-2016, 05:45 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Obviously stay away from homeless people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles