Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 06:58 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Unfortunately Vega and I are likely in the same minority of voters.

One thing about living in California, no need to pick which Presidential candidate you will vote for. The outcome is preordained.
I'm sure both of you would be much happier in Mississippi. (This would be a hint.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 07:34 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatingWestHelpMe View Post
The answer to OP's question is yes. However don't expect the lurkers to attack this thread. The title made it too obvious to avoid this one. They're not going to reveal themselves.

And don't act like you don't casually lurk other states/cities. It's completely healthy with moderate behavior. Just don't go to the Texas Forums.
I'm an occasional lurker in this thread. Not all of us from Texas bash LA! My wife is from there and we go often. LA is a great city and I like it a lot. What I find strange is that I feel more at home there than I do here whenever we go. I seem to fit in better with the people I've met there. Don't get me wrong, there's good people here but it's just not the same culture. We'll probably end up moving out there one of these days.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:11 AM

41 posts, read 54,869 times
I lurk a lot because I'll be moving there this year. I know that transplants are hated but I'm only doing this because of career opportunities and I have friends in Southern California. I'll admit I have a romantic appreciation for the LA of the early 20th century (think Raymond Chandler and James Ellroy), so it will be interesting to see certain landmarks and neighborhoods. But I have no illusions about the reality of contemporary LA. I mean, half the threads here are about the homeless!

Old 09-18-2016, 01:53 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
I think it's more like half the trolls here are about the homeless.

I just walk around them when I encounter them on the sidewalk.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Sitting home, in the entertainment capital of the world? Talk time!

Go!
About what? Any why specifically on this thread when there numerous LA-related threads?

[eh?]

Old 09-18-2016, 05:16 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Well I've lived here since 56 and I hate our idiot Communist goverment whose religion is the environment and global warming.
Their stupidity cost us money, lots of money.
And yet you remain.

You aren't posting from prison are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawgs View Post
So why don't you move? Seems to be the logical thing to do.
Now, now don't bring logic into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I'm thinking that the government isn't the idiot in this situation...
LMAO!

You got that right.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:21 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
We are on the same page.

That's the big mistake I made in moving out of state to a small Southwestern city. I had a laundry list of everything I hated about L.A. but I neglected to list everything I liked and all the benefits of living here. It took me 4-5 months of small town living to begin aching and sobbing over all the things I miss.
If you don't mind sharing I'd be interested to know which southwestern state and/or city you briefly moved to? And how long ago was that?

Old 09-18-2016, 05:35 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
If you don't mind sharing I'd be interested to know which southwestern state and/or city you briefly moved to? And how long ago was that?
I sent it via PM because I don't want to cast any aspersions on my failed destination. The fault it was a bad fit was all mine.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:38 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
No, this is the Los Angeles section of City Data. It is mostly posted by New Yorkers lurking here because they are jealous of L.A. but can't afford to move here. :P
Or couldn't make it here because we have a lower threshold for the rude and obnoxious behavior which is the norm in New York.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:48 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawgs View Post
So why don't you move? Seems to be the logical thing to do.
He stated he's been living here since '56. I was not alive at that time, but as somebody who has studied the history of CA and L.A. specifically, it was a lot different back then, in many ways for the better. Why can't all the Frankfurt School marxists move back to from where they came and leave regular people alone? Or move to Colorado instead, since they're now more liberal than CA in some ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles