Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 11:42 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,434,255 times

Advertisements

What Trumpers fail to understand is that ZERO reputable newspapers, liberal or conservative, endorsed Trump. The LA Times was hardly the only one.

They were in near universal agreement that Trump is an unqualified moron unfit for the presidency.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 11-12-2016 at 11:51 AM..

Old 11-12-2016, 04:36 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,164,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
What Trumpers fail to understand is that ZERO reputable newspapers, liberal or conservative, endorsed Trump. The LA Times was hardly the only one.

They were in near universal agreement that Trump is an unqualified moron unfit for the presidency.
Oh we did understand all right. We knew that the media is all propaganda.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,501,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Yeah the fact that hardly any papers or corporate media endorsed Trump is actually a good thing.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:18 PM

21,770 posts, read 16,410,801 times
Quote:
Like when they covered Wikileaks trove of Clinton and DNC emails? Jim Comey's reopening investigations?

Old 11-12-2016, 10:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,028,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Like when they covered Wikileaks trove of Clinton and DNC emails? Jim Comey's reopening investigations?
Eh, they didn't exactly thoroughly cover it. Many dismissed the cozy relationship between the DNC, the government and the press as all normal stuff. Maybe so to establishment figures but to average Americans who suspected this was the case, it was an eye opener and an 'aha I knew it' moment.

It wasn't so much that they didn't cover it, it's that they excused a lot of it away as mostly nothing. To many Americans it was strange that the press didn't care that there was such a working relationship between all that I listed above.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:06 PM

Regardless of how many in the establishment press feel about the results, do they have to flood the media with more anti-Trump stuff. I mean what are they expecting, for the electorate to just throw their hands up and say ok we made a mistake?

Old 11-12-2016, 10:07 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,164,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Eh, they didn't exactly thoroughly cover it. Many dismissed the cozy relationship between the DNC, the government and the press as all normal stuff. Maybe so to establishment figures but to average Americans who suspected this was the case, it was an eye opener and an 'aha I knew it' moment.

It wasn't so much that they didn't cover it, it's that they excused a lot of it away as mostly nothing. To many Americans it was strange that the press didn't care that there was such a working relationship between all that I listed above.
Wikileaks response:

It's not true! (e.g. Dirty Donna)
It's the Russians! (Assange confirmed it was not even the Russians who leaked them)
Let's not cover them (media response in most instances)
Create sexual scandal for Trump so as to keep eyes off of Wikileaks.

And when none of that worked, attack the Wikileak Server, threaten Assange, Bolivia, Russia and even SHUT THE INTERNET DOWN!

Old 11-12-2016, 10:11 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,501,407 times
Quote:
Regardless of how many in the establishment press feel about the results, do they have to flood the media with more anti-Trump stuff. I mean what are they expecting, for the electorate to just throw their hands up and say ok we made a mistake?
Yeah why can't they support the next President like they did Obama and Bush?

The media has changed for the worse it seems.

Quicker we move on the better it is. Garcetti ,media and the rest aren't helping things.
Garcetti shouldn't of been so partisan. He's supposed to be the Mayor for all citizens , not just Hillary voters.

From what i've seen online and on Twitter he's turning off quite a few people.
LA Times should be written articles about how he's failed the city , not so many Trump hit pieces especially AFTER an election.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Wikileaks response:

It's not true! (e.g. Dirty Donna)
It's the Russians! (Assange confirmed it was not even the Russians who leaked them)
Let's not cover them (media response in most instances)
Create sexual scandal for Trump so as to keep eyes off of Wikileaks.

And when none of that worked, attack the Wikileak Server, threaten Assange, Bolivia, Russia and even SHUT THE INTERNET DOWN!
What I'll never figure out is how supposed progressives ignored the wikileaks dump and defended such an establishment crony. I was actually going to REAL progressive news sites such as Democracy Now with Amy Goodman, TYT Young Turks, and Mother Jones who covered the Wikileaks stuff better than the mainstream press.

There was also the issue of Haiti and the Clinton Foundation, which the conservatives literally ripped from progressive Democracy Now report about the Clintons totally stiffing Haiti after the earthquake. They helped usher in an unprecedented era of sweatshop labor there. I mean the Haitians are not Clinton supporters.

But the conservatives literally took the pre-election criticisms of the Clintons from the left wing sources and mirrored them. All of a sudden right wing sources such as Breitbart were against the pay for play corruption and collusion between big business interests overseas and American officials. This was all the anti-corporate stuff the left USED to talk about pre-election 2016.

When Hillary does it, near silence from the mainstream left press. There is even hardcore almost zealous defense of Hillary. Even after it was revealed she shafted Bernie in such a dirty way.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:27 PM

21,770 posts, read 16,410,801 times
Quote:
I'm not a Clinton or media apologist. But the media fascination and focus on Trump is by his own design. He not only fed them an endless stream of sensationalist fodder, he was happy to have a lot of it be negative attacks. That was part of his strategy design, to inculcate his minions with the conspiracy theory of media complicity. He needed exactly to have the media lap up his outrageous behaviors and history. He loved it.

All that said, it worked too well. He never wanted to be POTUS, and still doesn't. He never expected to win the nomination. And tried to lose the election - but, all the while he wanted to develop his conspiracy-believing audience for his unadmitted plan to launch Trump Media.

Now he's stuck because of his ego. He can't admit his charade. Look at the expression on his face as he watched the election returns favoring him. Stunned. Shocked. Strangely quiet and nearly silenced.

Look at the pictures of him sitting with Obama in the White House. As my son said: "He looked like a kid got sent to the principal's office." Look at any other pictures of previous president elects watching their election night returns. Meeting with the sitting president they will replace. You will see confidence and sense of mission. Not so with Trump. He is in so far over his fake head of hair he is crapping his pants but trying to bluff his way through unnoticed.

Rarely, some people undergo true, deep transformations when confronted with an overwhelming fear of reality. It is unlikely, given Trump's entire life history, but hopefully he is having an attack of conscience for the first time. We'll see if he has the guts, character, and ability to do anything worthy with it if so.

Doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles