Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:38 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Look at the expression on his face as he watched the election returns favoring him. Stunned. Shocked. Strangely quiet and nearly silenced.
That did surprise me too that he was not his usual bombastic self, so I will give you that. I think though that he will mostly let his team to all the heavy lifting and he will just tour the country and the world promoting the ideas his staff comes up with. I mean I never thought he actually had any policy prescriptions himself and I knew it was going to be all about his cabinet.

It could be ego, but man, c'mon you have to admit that this was something crazy. I mean the way Obama ridiculed him at the White House Correspondence dinner two years ago and how throughout the campaign he was just saying Trump you'll never achieve what I did, and boom, he's sitting next to the guy and Obama is about to hand him the keys to the WH. That's insane.

Maybe all this was an ego trip to prove Obama wrong? LOL.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:40 PM

496 posts, read 574,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
What Trumpers fail to understand is that ZERO reputable newspapers, liberal or conservative, endorsed Trump. The LA Times was hardly the only one.

They were in near universal agreement that Trump is an unqualified moron unfit for the presidency.
The New York Post endorsed Trump.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:50 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
What Trumpers fail to understand is that ZERO reputable newspapers, liberal or conservative, endorsed Trump. The LA Times was hardly the only one.

They were in near universal agreement that Trump is an unqualified moron unfit for the presidency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
The New York Post endorsed Trump.
"Reputable" is the operative word. The Post is a tabloid newspaper best used at the bottom of a bird cage.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:57 AM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Maybe all this was an ego trip to prove Obama wrong? LOL.
Partly that, indeed. But mostly it was about Trump Media. Which will now have to wait.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:03 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Eh, they didn't exactly thoroughly cover it. Many dismissed the cozy relationship between...
The L.A. Times hits our driveway every day before 6 a.m. They covered it.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:06 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The L.A. Times hits our driveway every day before 6 a.m. They covered it.
Well while you waited for the paper I just pulled out my laptop and got online and saw that while they covered it, they joined the rest of the media in saying that they weren't a smoking gun. That they were mostly missteps and not career ending. That's what I said in the rest of the quote that you conveniently cut off.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:14 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I'm not a Clinton or media apologist. But the media fascination and focus on Trump is by his own design. He not only fed them an endless stream of sensationalist fodder, he was happy to have a lot of it be negative attacks. That was part of his strategy design, to inculcate his minions with the conspiracy theory of media complicity. He needed exactly to have the media lap up his outrageous behaviors and history. He loved it.

All that said, it worked too well. He never wanted to be POTUS, and still doesn't. He never expected to win the nomination. And tried to lose the election - but, all the while he wanted to develop his conspiracy-believing audience for his unadmitted plan to launch Trump Media.

Now he's stuck because of his ego. He can't admit his charade. Look at the expression on his face as he watched the election returns favoring him. Stunned. Shocked. Strangely quiet and nearly silenced.

Look at the pictures of him sitting with Obama in the White House. As my son said: "He looked like a kid got sent to the principal's office." Look at any other pictures of previous president elects watching their election night returns. Meeting with the sitting president they will replace. You will see confidence and sense of mission. Not so with Trump. He is in so far over his fake head of hair he is crapping his pants but trying to bluff his way through unnoticed.

Rarely, some people undergo true, deep transformations when confronted with an overwhelming fear of reality. It is unlikely, given Trump's entire life history, but hopefully he is having an attack of conscience for the first time. We'll see if he has the guts, character, and ability to do anything worthy with it if so.

Doubt it.
Nonsense. He wanted to be president and I am thankful he ran. Look at his treatment in 2011 by Barack and others. It is time to eat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJwQOBAL9sw

Old 11-13-2016, 10:21 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
When the LA Times and NYT both go bankrupt, fire all staff, and close their offices, it will be a good day.
They are both heading in that direction with declining ad revenues and declining subscriptions, and being so throughly discredited doesn't help them either.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Nonsense. He wanted to be president and I am thankful he ran. Look at his treatment in 2011 by Barack and others. It is time to eat it.
In this case there is no proof either way unless Trump were to admit what I opined was true. His ego will declare otherwise regardless. So believe what you will.

As for the way Obama ridiculed Trump in 2011, I was offended then, as well, even though I despise Trump and always have. Despite my huge sense of humor, I don't find "roasts" amusing. Even when they target boneheads like Trump.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
They are both heading in that direction with declining ad revenues and declining subscriptions, and being so throughly discredited doesn't help them either.
We'll see, of course. But the NYT declining print subscriptions have been more than balanced by new on-line subscriptions lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles