Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:11 PM

406 posts, read 348,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am no apologist for illegal immigration but the actual costs are highly debatable and most often spun by groups like FAIR. Again, you somehow want to pretend that these kids don't grow up to become taxpayers but go ahead and continue to look for the boogeyman in the closet if it suits you.

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content...mmigration.pdf

"Taxes paid by immigrants and their children - both legal and illegal, - exceed the cost of the services they use. In fact, a 2007 Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that a path to legalization for unauthorized immigrants would increase federal revenues by $48 billion but would only incur $23 billion of increased services from public services."
Yeah, but that's legal immigrants AND illegals. What is it for illegals only?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 PM

406 posts, read 348,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
You guys really believe the news that says immigration is down???? LMAO use your brains why would it be down??? And do you not look around??? It's clearly up!
Mainly because I have a functioning left frontal lobe.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:31 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I will spell it out for you slowly.

1) I don't care what an opinion poll says. Polls are used to manipulate public opinion.
2) The election was very clearly about immigration.
3) You lost. Enforcement won.

4) The poll you cite is meaningless because it was not prefaced by the most important question of all: Whether you the voter favor massive enforcement BEFORE providing any possible amnesty. That is what most of us want and have wanted.
5) Once our immigration system has integrity then -- THEN -- we will show our kindness as a society to those who are not criminals.

Until then, NO. And the criminals must go.
Not really. A lot of it also centered around international trade and terrorism. Trump's ideas on those topics are terrible too.

Trump lost the popular vote BTW, hardly a vindication of his immigration proposals.

The rest of your post is pure opinion, something I couldn't care less about. Do you have any facts to back up what you're saying?

Quote:
Stop with the racism against Germans.
Try not to hurt yourself with that reach.

Quote:
Stop with the insults against those who voted for our President elect.
Who needs a safe space now?

Quote:
Oh, and dear, it's Der, not Durrrr.
No, it's Durrrr. Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and he's already causing international incidents. He's a buffoon and a conspiracy nut, no brighter than the morons who listen to Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:43 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Not really. A lot of it also centered around international trade and terrorism.

Trump lost the popular vote BTW, hardly a vindication of his immigration proposals.
Popular vote = irrelevant.

International trade and terrorism are closely linked to immigration too so...

Quote:
The rest of your post is pure opinion, something I couldn't care less about. Do you have any facts to back up what you're saying?
Your opinion means nothing to me too, be assured.

Quote:

Try not to hurt yourself with that reach.
Oh so, gosh, I forgot. In your world, racism can never be against white people. What was I thinking? We can only be hyper sensitive to non Western names/cultures. Carry on with your Drumpf crap. Just like Kenyans and the Irish were proud of Obama, would you mind terribly if I even liked the fact that Trump is part German? Is that racist? Please explain.

Quote:
Who needs a safe space now?
You do. You are still butthurt over Nov 8th.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:19 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:

It is when you break down the vote based on who's a traditional stakeholder in this country and who's a post-65er who just wants to economically exploit this country and regards it as an economic zone rather than an actual nation.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It is when you break down the vote based on who's a traditional stakeholder in this country and who's a post-65er who just wants to economically exploit this country and regards it as an economic zone rather than an actual nation.
Bingo...Post Kennedy/65er is what we are talking about. But be careful. I know Asians, blacks and Hispanics who voted for and supported Trump, some 65ers too. They are all patriots and I count myself lucky to have them in my circle of friends.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:58 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Say what you want, but much of South Central, Inglewood, and Compton are much better off with poor illegals who work. Especially when compared to the previous occupants.

They only take hand outs because we give them. If we didn't, they would not ask or act entitled about it.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Say what you want, but much of South Central, Inglewood, and Compton are much better off with poor illegals who work. Especially when compared to the previous occupants.

They only take hand outs because we give them. If we didn't, they would not ask or act entitled about it.
Very good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles