Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 11:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

This is getting ridiculous really.

What part of illegal do these people not understand?

This guy is no angel..he's a criminal with DUI convictions and other crimes.

There was a recent story about a woman that was a mother that was killed in North Hills by a drunk illegal.

Academia Avance Charter School should have they funds taken away for promoting such a thing, and who are these 'community partners' supporting this..?

Oh yeah and to top off Garcetti is also crying over this criminal illegal alien! Not really a surprise since he loves illegals and criminals. So a criminal illegal is really up his alley.

Mayor Garcetti speaks out about ICE arrest of Highland Park father | abc7.com

----

The “Free Romulo” rally, which will be held at 3 p.m. in Pershing Square, is being organized by the National Day Laborer Organizing Network, the Academia Avance Charter School and community partners. “It’s showing that we are not going to be afraid and we’re going to continue to be out there on the streets, to be loud, and not let these things happen,” said David Abud, organizer with the Los Angeles-based National Day Laborer Organizing Network.

Avelica-Gonzalez was targeted for arrest because he has several prior criminal convictions, including a DUI conviction from 2009 and an outstanding order of removal dating back to 2014, ICE officials said last week.

‘Free Romulo’ rally set for LA man arrested by ICE near school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 11:37 PM

Some photos of the rally today with the illegal alien's daughter crying and wacko pro illegal liberals holding dumb signs .

I guess you come to this country illegally and break our laws and put citizens lives at risk by driving drunk and you become a hero to the left.

Photos: A

Old 03-07-2017, 03:07 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
I despise the stance many right wingers have on this issue, but I wouldn't hold a rally for this guy based on his past.

And what's the point of calling someone an "illegal alien"? That sounds pejorative to me, I pretty much never hear any other instance of referring to other human beings as aliens.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:38 AM

Pejorative:
expressing contempt or disapproval

Yes I disapprove of people blatantly breaking our immigration laws . Just because so many people have done it doesn't mean it's ok .

Illegal alien is not a "right wing" term . It is the term used by the federal government.

Just curious how would you like them to be classified ?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:50 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Pejorative:
expressing contempt or disapproval

Yes I disapprove of people blatantly breaking our immigration laws . Just because so many people have done it doesn't mean it's ok .

Illegal alien is not a "right wing" term . It is the term used by the federal government.

Just curious how would you like them to be classified ?
Nice people who would never ever do anything wrong!

Old 03-07-2017, 07:54 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I despise the stance many right wingers have on this issue, but I wouldn't hold a rally for this guy based on his past.

And what's the point of calling someone an "illegal alien"? That sounds pejorative to me, I pretty much never hear any other instance of referring to other human beings as aliens.
Are you from another Country? That term is the actual term and has been since coined in the 80s (not sure the year) by the US Govt.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:02 AM

363 posts, read 557,904 times
Quote:
This is getting ridiculous really.

What part of illegal do these people not understand?

This guy is no angel..he's a criminal with DUI convictions and other crimes.

There was a recent story about a woman that was a mother that was killed in North Hills by a drunk illegal.

Academia Avance Charter School should have they funds taken away for promoting such a thing, and who are these 'community partners' supporting this..?

Oh yeah and to top off Garcetti is also crying over this criminal illegal alien! Not really a surprise since he loves illegals and criminals. So a criminal illegal is really up his alley.

Mayor Garcetti speaks out about ICE arrest of Highland Park father | abc7.com

----

The “Free Romulo” rally, which will be held at 3 p.m. in Pershing Square, is being organized by the National Day Laborer Organizing Network, the Academia Avance Charter School and community partners. “It’s showing that we are not going to be afraid and we’re going to continue to be out there on the streets, to be loud, and not let these things happen,” said David Abud, organizer with the Los Angeles-based National Day Laborer Organizing Network.

Avelica-Gonzalez was targeted for arrest because he has several prior criminal convictions, including a DUI conviction from 2009 and an outstanding order of removal dating back to 2014, ICE officials said last week.

‘Free Romulo’ rally set for LA man arrested by ICE near school

Can you list the other convictions or crimes? The DUI I know has been said but I don't know any other convictions.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
Can you list the other convictions or crimes? The DUI I know has been said but I don't know any other convictions.
I'm not sure . The article states several prior convictions.
I'm not sure how I'd go about finding that information . I was curious as well.

I wonder where liberals draw the line .

I mean if he molested a child would they still feel bad for him for example ?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:10 AM

363 posts, read 557,904 times
Quote:
I'm not sure . The article states several prior convictions.
I'm not sure how I'd go about finding that information . I was curious as well.

I wonder where liberals draw the line .

I mean if he molested a child would they still feel bad for him for example ?

Sounds like whatever convictions he has may be petty (probably a traffic violation seems to be his niche) because felonies and higher misdemeanors are easy to find ie. the DUI charge.

I think it's important to talk about the facts in this case than make up nonsense that is not true.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:20 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Alien means foreign to our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles