Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:09 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
I didn't attend LAUSD, but most of my students who do are far more academically advanced than I was at their age in high school. I find it amusing you're so willing to see things in such black-or-white terms. Yes, technically, entering the country illegally is breaking the law. Never mind how much many, many immigrants have contributed to our country over the years; it's "illegal," in your worldview, so deport them all! Must be a pretty sad window you're looking out of with that view of the world.
Look beyond the LATimes , CNN and Huffpost sob stories

These people being arrested by ICE are not good people . Unless you think MS13 gang members , drug dealers and child molesters are good people .

Liberals are making fools of themselves defending these people .

"Of the 160 arrested in California, approximately 150 were marked by misdemeanors or “felony criminal histories ranging from child sex crimes to weapons charges to assaults,” according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

“Dangerous criminals who should be swiftly deported are being released in our community,” said David Marin, field office director for ICE, according to the Daily News. “This operation is on par with similar operations. We do this two or three times a year.”

Of the illegal aliens arrested in the Los Angeles area, one was an MS-13 gang member from El Salvador who had been arrested previously in his native country for aggravated extortion, one was a Brazilian wanted for cocaine trafficking, and another was an Australian who had been convicted for carrying out “lewd and lascivious” acts with a child."
Liberals Howl Over ICE Raids Targeting Criminal Aliens | LifeZette

Old 05-10-2017, 05:09 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,476 times
A lot of people on this board are obsessed by illegal immigration. I don't really understand it myself. It's a really minor issue.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:15 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
A lot of people on this board are obsessed by illegal immigration. I don't really understand it myself. It's a really minor issue.
Usually spoken by someone with skin in the game like illegal family members.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:28 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
Funny how you artificially inject racism into a discussion surrounding criminals who entered the country illegally, and then attempt to pass that narrative as something the OP or respondents pushed. No where in this thread is the color of a criminal's skin or their country of origin mentioned, must less leveraged as a reason why someone should be targeted. We all see what you did there.

As an LAUSD employee yourself, you're only further exemplifying what's wrong with education in this city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Look beyond the LATimes , CNN and Huffpost sob stories

These people being arrested by ICE are not good people . Unless you think MS13 gang members , drug dealers and child molesters are good people .

Liberals are making fools of themselves defending these people .

"Of the 160 arrested in California, approximately 150 were marked by misdemeanors or “felony criminal histories ranging from child sex crimes to weapons charges to assaults,” according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

“Dangerous criminals who should be swiftly deported are being released in our community,” said David Marin, field office director for ICE, according to the Daily News. “This operation is on par with similar operations. We do this two or three times a year.”

Of the illegal aliens arrested in the Los Angeles area, one was an MS-13 gang member from El Salvador who had been arrested previously in his native country for aggravated extortion, one was a Brazilian wanted for cocaine trafficking, and another was an Australian who had been convicted for carrying out “lewd and lascivious” acts with a child."
Liberals Howl Over ICE Raids Targeting Criminal Aliens | LifeZette
No need to argue with Brittle Star. Trump is in office, Jeff Sessions is on the job. Brittle Star and other LAUSD employees with similar beliefs still can't believe it happened,but they suddenly find themselves in an underdog position and its quite uncomfortable. Dems be the breaks!

Old 05-10-2017, 05:39 PM

165 posts, read 150,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Usually spoken by someone with skin in the game like illegal family members.
Again, wow. I can't believe I share airspace in this city with so many racists.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:57 PM

165 posts, read 150,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
It's phrases like "simply entered the country illegally" that downplay the reality of the situation and misinformation like "traffic tickets = ICE targets" that make your argument a complete mess. Consciously breaking federal regulation to enter a country is not a minor nor harmless offense, and officials have already stated that only illegals with real criminal backgrounds would be targeted.

Oh and; illegal immigration is not a race issue, no matter how badly you want it to be so it fits in your narrative. You're not fooling anyone.
My issue is not with illegal immigration, as you've mistakenly assumed. I have no problem with people from other countries entering ours, legally or illegally, so please don't assume your racist issues are mine. My issue is with those being deported for "crimes" no more serious than a traffic ticket. And yes, they are being targeted, as evidenced by many recent news reports. Trump is targeting any immigrants who've committed a crime, no matter how serious the crime may be. Do I want members of the Mexican drug cartel in this country illegally? No. Do I want immigrants who've committed rape or assault with a deadly weapon in their own country or the U.S. here illegally? No. But you well know that these are not the only immigrants being targeted and to claim that's not happening is the highest level of racial bigotry and blindness. Trump is targeting Mexicans, Muslims and anyone else from the middle east under the guise of "keeping our country safe." History has long shown us the fallacy of that line of thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised if you denied the truth of that, too. Targeting immigrants for deportation regardless of the crime they've committed is a racist issue and there's no way you can argue your way out of that one or change my opinion on the issue. You've shown me who you really are and that person is a racist. No need to try and convince me otherwise. The evidence is here.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:59 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,683 times
Quote:
Again, wow. I can't believe I share airspace in this city with so many racists.
I think you meant to register your username as special_snowflake.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:20 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,409,113 times
"Baaaaaaaack in the old days .... the Valley was a good place. We had lotsa people who were good (white Anglo) normal 'muricans. But then ... alla dem Messicans moved in ... there went the neighborhood. Man, I really hate 'em! Most are illegals. Round 'em up ... send 'em back home!"

Old 05-10-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
My issue is not with illegal immigration, as you've mistakenly assumed. I have no problem with people from other countries entering ours, legally or illegally, so please don't assume your racist issues are mine. My issue is with those being deported for "crimes" no more serious than a traffic ticket. And yes, they are being targeted, as evidenced by many recent news reports. Trump is targeting any immigrants who've committed a crime, no matter how serious the crime may be. Do I want members of the Mexican drug cartel in this country illegally? No. Do I want immigrants who've committed rape or assault with a deadly weapon in their own country or the U.S. here illegally? No. But you well know that these are not the only immigrants being targeted and to claim that's not happening is the highest level of racial bigotry and blindness. Trump is targeting Mexicans, Muslims and anyone else from the middle east under the guise of "keeping our country safe." History has long shown us the fallacy of that line of thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised if you denied the truth of that, too. Targeting immigrants for deportation regardless of the crime they've committed is a racist issue and there's no way you can argue your way out of that one or change my opinion on the issue. You've shown me who you really are and that person is a racist. No need to try and convince me otherwise. The evidence is here.
It becomes dangerous when you start trying to justify some crimes as not that bad .

For example the Mayor of NYC recently said that Drunk Driving isn't a big enough deal to be deported over .

The Mayor of El Monte recently put pressure on ICE because he was upset a guy that was a burglar and committed several other crimes was picked up by ICE .

Its mentioned in this article .

So because of politics now we are having less criminal illegals arrested

How does this make us safer???

Also it's not just them being here and breathing the same air . Why are we paying to educate The citizens of other countries ? Why are we paying for the healthcare of the citizens of other countries ??

Old 05-10-2017, 06:58 PM

I can see LAUSD employees worried about illegals being deported since that would mean a lot of them getting fired .

I'm guessing illegal alien kids or kids with illegal alien parents make up a pretty big part of the encrollment .

oh yeah .. but "illegals don't cost anyone anything "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles