Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

$3.3 billion spent on illegal alien education in CA.

Good thing we don't have any other things we could spend that on right ? Like maybe helping American citizens ?

"The Federation for American Immigration Reform, advocacy group that wants to increase immigration enforcement estimated that schools in CA spend over 3.3 billion annually to teach undocumented students."

http://www.calschoolnews.org/2016/11...ould-mean.html

Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
Again, wow. I can't believe I share airspace in this city with so many racists.
Artificially injecting racism into the forum makes you the racist. Again, we all see what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
My issue is not with illegal immigration, as you've mistakenly assumed. I have no problem with people from other countries entering ours, legally or illegally, so please don't assume your racist issues are mine. My issue is with those being deported for "crimes" no more serious than a traffic ticket. And yes, they are being targeted, as evidenced by many recent news reports. Trump is targeting any immigrants who've committed a crime, no matter how serious the crime may be. Do I want members of the Mexican drug cartel in this country illegally? No. Do I want immigrants who've committed rape or assault with a deadly weapon in their own country or the U.S. here illegally? No. But you well know that these are not the only immigrants being targeted and to claim that's not happening is the highest level of racial bigotry and blindness. Trump is targeting Mexicans, Muslims and anyone else from the middle east under the guise of "keeping our country safe." History has long shown us the fallacy of that line of thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised if you denied the truth of that, too. Targeting immigrants for deportation regardless of the crime they've committed is a racist issue and there's no way you can argue your way out of that one or change my opinion on the issue. You've shown me who you really are and that person is a racist. No need to try and convince me otherwise. The evidence is here.
I stopped reading at "I have no problem with people from other counties entering ours illegally." It doesn't matter where you fall on the political spectrum--no educated person would spew such blind rhetoric. Get a grip.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:21 AM

943 posts, read 1,321,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Usually spoken by someone with skin in the game like illegal family members.
Nope, born in the good old USA, and all my family are citizens.

I just don't deal with illegal aliens in my everyday life, that's why I don't see it as such a big issue. We never talk about them with friends or family, for example. But on this board it's a lightning rod.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:51 PM

53 posts, read 56,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
$3.3 billion spent on illegal alien education in CA.

Good thing we don't have any other things we could spend that on right ? Like maybe helping American citizens ?

"The Federation for American Immigration Reform, advocacy group that wants to increase immigration enforcement estimated that schools in CA spend over 3.3 billion annually to teach undocumented students."

http://www.calschoolnews.org/2016/11...ould-mean.html
Where's the 3.3 billion number coming from?

Old 05-12-2017, 02:43 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
I'm not white and I want ICE removing the illegals any which way they see fit.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:49 PM

817 posts, read 753,221 times
I will reiterate this word one more time.

ILLEGAL As in a law breaker with no rights.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:43 PM

Wonder how quick LAUSD employees and officials will change their tune if they have to serve jail time

Los Angeles schools offer to blatantly break the law in opposing ICE - Hot Air Hot Air

Old 05-14-2017, 09:18 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,493,300 times
I think the point of the article is that schools should be a safe place for students to go. And I, for one, do not want these kids roaming the streets all day because their parents are afraid to send them to school but need to go to work and leave the kids at home alone.

ICE can do their jobs at the home sites or work sites without disrupting the schools and dealing directly with minors. It is not the children's fault their parents came to this country illegally. They should not be the targets.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I think the point of the article is that schools should be a safe place for students to go. And I, for one, do not want these kids roaming the streets all day because their parents are afraid to send them to school but need to go to work and leave the kids at home alone.

ICE can do their jobs at the home sites or work sites without disrupting the schools and dealing directly with minors. It is not the children's fault their parents came to this country illegally. They should not be the targets.
Which is a reason why LAPD not cooperating with ICE is a bad thing . Instead of reporting criminal illegals to ICE they are forcing ICE to go into the communities and hunt down these illegals that are getting released back into the streets of L.A

ICE has stated the same .
ICE isn't the problem . Sanctuary polices and criminals are the problem .

Old 05-14-2017, 10:17 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Immigration Customs Enforcement - Teddy Bear > Immigration Customs Enforcement ICE 6 Shirts and.. > Jest Designs ...by JestDesigns.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles