Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:28 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
We have plenty of buses and I'm in favor of buses. When I was a kid, the bus was my main mode of transportation, sometimes over miles and miles of city and several transfers. What I'm opposed to is sticking people with an Expo station that's immediately adjacent to a residential neighborhood.

Who wants this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_WekcvCbsY
Buses are a crap form of transit because they have to fully obey the road. Granted the light rail is still questionable because thry had the bright idea of making it at grade level.
But light rails are generally quiet.

And if you dont want the noise of a big city then you should not live in one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Buses are a crap form of transit because they have to fully obey the road. Granted the light rail is still questionable because thry had the bright idea of making it at grade level.

The riff-raff (of no particular ethnicity, because riff-raff has never been a euphemism for any particular ethnicity as we all quite obviously know and anybody who says otherwise is trolling because their assertions cannot in any way be factually supported) is an issue too.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:46 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
The riff-raff (of no particular ethnicity, because riff-raff has never been a euphemism for any particular ethnicity as we all quite obviously know and anybody who says otherwise is trolling because their assertions cannot in any way be factually supported) is an issue too.
Our Mayor has no problems riding around on public transit .

Look here he even did a photo op riding the subway

Old 11-14-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Riff Raff is everywhere man. Just gotta accept it and deal with it. Thats more of a social issue than transit.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:25 AM

335 posts, read 356,693 times
Quote:

Actually, it was environmental reports, budget and NIMBYs who made the expo at grade level. I'm sure if metro had it's way, it would've been below grade.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Riff Raff is everywhere man. Just gotta accept it and deal with it. Thats more of a social issue than transit.
But transit is a magnet for weirdos, like the baglady on the #1 Big Blue Bus who sat across the aisle from me and ate soggy Cheerios as she talked to her reflection.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
But transit is a magnet for weirdos, like the baglady on the #1 Big Blue Bus who sat across the aisle from me and ate soggy Cheerios as she talked to her reflection.
Just like driving is a magnet for maniacs/drunks/deers/sleepy drivers/speeders..

Old 11-14-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Just like driving is a magnet for maniacs/drunks/deers/sleepy drivers/speeders..
None of those people are ever sitting next to me in my car, creeping me out. BTW, why were deers thrown in there?

Old 11-14-2017, 07:05 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Oh dear. I think he means deer not deers.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:09 PM

Is he referring to reindeer? If anything, a sled flying through the air at low altitude through residential neighborhoods is a lot more dangerous than the typical car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles