Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times

Advertisements

I got here Wednesday night. And to my shock, I landed a full-time job today. And in an area I want to live. I think I got lucky, because I was expecting to go weeks or even months without a job or even an interview.

The weather here is great. Couldn't ask for much more. This week has had its up-and-downs and some adjusting to do I'll admit, but I'm loving LA so far.

When I visited in June, I gravitated towards the Westside more. After reading/posting on these boards, I thought I would like central LA more. And while I like it a tad more, I'm still a Westside guy through and through.

But I haven't even seen 1/10th of what LA has to offer. So I'm open to exploring areas and having my opinion change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,453,251 times
Welcome, PDF! I recall you've been talking about this move for a while. Congratulations on landing so quickly on your feet. You're actually just in time for one of my favorite regular events, First Fridays and the Natural History Museum. This Friday is the next event (they're monthly through Spring). The topic is...earthquakes! The lectures are always interesting, then stick around for the DJ and beer.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
Welcome, PDF! I recall you've been talking about this move for a while. Congratulations on landing so quickly on your feet. You're actually just in time for one of my favorite regular events, First Fridays and the Natural History Museum. This Friday is the next event (they're monthly through Spring). The topic is...earthquakes! The lectures are always interesting, then stick around for the DJ and beer.
Thank you. I might have to attend. The National History Museum has caught my eye on both times in LA, so that would give me an excuse to go.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 AM

218 posts, read 362,429 times
Congrats!!! That's great you found a job so quickly. I'm jealous I have to wait 4 more months before I move out there but I will be there soon enough. Let me know if you come across any fun and interesting things to do so I can add them to my list.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,299,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I got here Wednesday night. And to my shock, I landed a full-time job today. And in an area I want to live. I think I got lucky, because I was expecting to go weeks or even months without a job or even an interview.

The weather here is great. Couldn't ask for much more. This week has had its up-and-downs and some adjusting to do I'll admit, but I'm loving LA so far.

When I visited in June, I gravitated towards the Westside more. After reading/posting on these boards, I thought I would like central LA more. And while I like it a tad more, I'm still a Westside guy through and through.

But I haven't even seen 1/10th of what LA has to offer. So I'm open to exploring areas and having my opinion change.
Congrats on moving here. This "winter" weather is why LA is so desired.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,861,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post

Impressive!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM

26 posts, read 35,912 times
Oh you finally made it. Congrats!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Congrats!

I agree the Westside is nice..but parts of central la can be nice too ...I guess it depends on your definition of central.

There definitely is a lot to see/do in L.A and many people that have lived here a while I doubt can claim they've done 1/10th of it either.

All Westside neighborhoods are generally going to be safer,cleaner and more livable than Central LA ones so that's a big plus.

First Fridays at the NHM does sound cool..I've never been but always hear great things about it.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
Congrats - I love a happy ending!
I hope you check out Los Feliz, Silevrlake and Echo Park too. Visit the Griffith Observatory and Griffith Park and just look around that area in general. So much to see and do here, enjoy yourself!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,911 times
Congrats on moving to LA and landing a job you want.

Don't be one of those who go back home or move out of CA because they can't hack it here.

Lots of opportunities and money here for those who try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles