Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,300 times

Advertisements

Hi!! I am looking into renting an apartment on the corner of Brooks Avenue and Pacific Avenue in Venice, Ca. Can anyone tell me about the safety of that area? Would it be safe to walk from that apartment to Abbot Kinney during day/night? Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinChambers View Post
Hi!! I am looking into renting an apartment on the corner of Brooks Avenue and Pacific Avenue in Venice, Ca. Can anyone tell me about the safety of that area? Would it be safe to walk from that apartment to Abbot Kinney during day/night? Thank you!!!
I've driven by there many times - but only during the day. For sure safe during the day. There are a lot of people strolling, walking dogs, pushing strollers, dining/coffee outdoors, and riding their bikes in that neighborhood, east on Abbot Kinney and north on Main. Looks like some tourists too.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
safety wise i think you'd be fine, but this is also an extremely crowded area. pacific ave can get jammed pack during rush hour as well as on the summer weekends from tourists who come to visit the boardwalk. i have lived within a mile or two of that area for a few years and wouldn't live along pacific. traffic sucks, parking sucks, and the buildings in venice tend to be old, beat up and expensive. i moved down to the marina and get much more space, plus a nicer, newer building with a washer/dryer for the same price i would pay for the heart of venice. and it's safer with no drug dealers and a lot less vagrants walking around.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:26 AM

364 posts, read 991,389 times
I used to live off of Oakwood on what is known as a "Walk Street" (a sidewalk that is an actual street). Down the block from me were some of L.A.'s toughest gangs. Yet, I never had any problems. I used to go out walking, even at night, and I never encountered anything that would be considered scary. Like you, I was street-wise so I was always wary of my surroundings, which is a good rule of thumb for anyplace one might live.

The only thing I would suggest is knowing exactly what bus lines you are going to take, what stop you will be getting off at and the best route from that stop to your rental. In November, especailly when we go back to Standard Daylight Time, the sun will be setting before 5pm. If these conferences are all day conferences, you may want to keep that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles