Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 03:19 AM

7 posts, read 21,260 times

Advertisements

I live in LA, the car is registered in LA. I drove to Phoenix to visit the family for Thanksgiving today and was blinded by a camera flash on the I-10. I was about 30 miles outside of PHX.
THANKS A LOT DAD, FOR WARNING ME!!!

I was hovering at 90 mph in a 75 mph zone. Pure bliss. It was like one of those fun Disneyland rides where they take your picture as you're falling down a waterfall. I was seriously blind for 3 seconds. I thought a bolt of lightning may have hit my face. So, not knowing what just happened, I pulled out my iphone and began to google, 'Something just took my picture in Arizona' and was eventually brought to these message boards. Instead of focusing on the road ahead, I began reading comments and tips and obsessed over the material through Thanksgiving dinner. I've always hated this state. But now I hate it even more..

Question to California drivers, should I be worried about this? Are they going to hire a process server to pay me a visit? I plan on Moderator cut: ignoring the first notification, self-incriminating letter & just hiding out from the server.

Either way, fingers crossed! Very excited! I've been wanting to sell my car lately.. I think I'll use these new pictures to advertise.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-28-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Bueller?

Old 11-28-2008, 02:36 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
There have been dozens of threads on the Phoenix forum in the last few weeks and months about the speed cameras. Just a few days ago there was a post of someone from LA who also got nabbed on I-10 just west of the metro area. Phoenix/AZ seems to be rapidly turning itself in a RoboCop state. Funny how greater LA, with over 4 times the population of Phoenix manages to get along just fine without them. The speed cameras are purely about revenue generation.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:56 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,570 times
Henry. Did you remember to take off that front license plate?

Old 11-28-2008, 09:44 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
1. It is for pure revenue. It activates when you go 10 miles over the posted limit.
2. We have no front plates in AZ. Takes a picture of you and the rear plate.
3. Saw tons of cars from California getting flashed this weekend. I wonder if the California DMV will place any holds on your license until you pay the state of Arizona. I know someone in Texas that has an unpaid ticket in California and he does not have any holds...

Old 11-28-2008, 09:57 PM

I did not remove the front plates. The way I've been researching about it, it seems like Arizona is sending out 'fake tickets' that are nothing but notifications to pay sent out by Redflex Corp. (owners of the cameras) and Arizona. You're not getting a letter from the Sheriff's Dept. In order for it to be a proper citation, you must be served by a process server, not by USPS..

So, just wondering, if we Californians avoid the 'fake tickets' Is Arizona going to come knocking down my door with a proper serve of a citation or are they just going to blow it off?

Old 11-29-2008, 11:15 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times
That's why you need this: Photo Fog - Anti-photo Flash License Plate Spray

Alot of BS camera traps in Chicago too and a few of my friends started using this stuff and guess what, since they started using this...no more tickets in the mail. There's a way around everything, you just have to find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles