Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:08 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post

I find it odd that so many posters who don't even live on the West Coast try to suggest that California is a racially intolerant\ race war environment. It is nothing like these posters claim
I read something in a newspaper recently about how amazing it was that Muslims and Jews sit side by side in a certain musical organization here in LA that promotes Middle Eastern music. One of them said something like "Well we certainly disagree on some things but music speaks only one language."

LA is so diverse and people here are extremely tolerant. I find the diversity fascinating and I love every minute of it! Viva la Korean tacos!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:01 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,935 times
Media hype, there is no "RAcial tension" or "race war" coming.

Dont believe anything they tell you, look around, everyone is getting along just fine

Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
With all the racial tension in California I found a good article that sheds some light on the situation as well as on other cultures around the world.

Impregnating US With Incompatible, Dangerous Cultures
Morphous, I haven't experienced any racial tension in los angeles and I've been here five years. I'm African American and all of the latinos I've met here or have come into contact with have been very nice and welcoming.

Even with the so-called "tensions", I still find LA more racially tolerant than NYC.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
in the last 10 years S. LA has gone from 60% black to 60% latino. gangs and violence have been heavy contributors to this change of democraphics.
again pluralism is not working. also denial does not work very well either.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:36 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
in the last 10 years S. LA has gone from 60% black to 60% Latino. gangs and violence have been heavy contributors to this change of demographics.
again pluralism is not working. also denial does not work very well either.
This is true, if you people REALLY need me to find documentation to support this I will post it.

But yea, in the LA Times there was an article that was stating that blacks are being targeted and sometimes killed by Latino gang members so many blacks are leaving.

When I lived in Cali, many of the cool Latinos flat out told me NOT to go in certain city's because I could be a target. Geez, and I live in a free country??

Old 01-31-2009, 08:20 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
This is true, if you people REALLY need me to find documentation to support this I will post it.

But yea, in the LA Times there was an article that was stating that blacks are being targeted and sometimes killed by Latino gang members so many blacks are leaving.

When I lived in Cali, many of the cool Latinos flat out told me NOT to go in certain city's because I could be a target. Geez, and I live in a free country??
Yes please post documentation to prove your contention about racial tension in Los Angeles otherwise what you suggest is mere nonsense.

There has been a growing Latino & Asian presence in South LA over the past decade due to reasonably priced property. The people moving in are purchasing homes & stabilizing neighborhoods. There is some resentment that schools that were once heavily Black are now heavily Latino & fights have occurred. Also some racial conflict among gangs. But what you are claiming is just not true.

If you can't prove your point why not focus your energy on issues pertinent to where you live since you do not live in California.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:26 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Sorry I meant to imply racism more common outside California [didn't mean to offend].
OK, I understand. Thanks for the explanation. I'll tell you where the racism is really bad, and it isn't the deep south. It's places like St. Louis. I swear I have never seen racism like I did in that city. Horrible.

Quote:
I find it odd that so many posters who don't even live on the West Coast try to suggest that California is a racially intolerant\ race war environment. It is nothing like these posters claim
You are so right.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
Media hype, there is no "RAcial tension" or "race war" coming.

Dont believe anything they tell you, look around, everyone is getting along just fine
Its not even media hype. Media isnt saying anything about it because its all make believe. The only people here talking about are the same black dudes who post here about the same topics (interracial this, or interracial that) who for some reason, their entire lives revolve around this negative stuff instead of trying to do something different or better for themselves.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 PM

266 posts, read 1,002,959 times
IF everyone ate In and Out Burgers we would be one happy family!!!!
burrrrppppppppppp...........

Old 01-31-2009, 09:20 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
With all the racial tension in California I found a good article that sheds some light on the situation as well as on other cultures around the world.

Impregnating US With Incompatible, Dangerous Cultures
Where is all this racial tension talk you speak of? I havent heard anything about it. Its just the same people over and over and over and over and over and over again always talking about the same stuff - racist this and racial that. Geez, cant you just look at people as PEOPLE and not worry about this race or that race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles