Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM

77 posts, read 169,512 times

Advertisements

I am searching for the California High School my birth father, Joe Ferrucci, attended back in the mid 60's. I am assuming he attended a high school in the Los Angeles County since I was born in 1965 in Downey, CA. He was approximately 18-years-old at the time of my birth. All I intend to accomplish by this is to ultimately find his yearbook picture. I just want to see the face of the man I look so much like. I don't have any bad feelings towards this man.

If you or your parents have a California High School Yearbook laying around...please pick it up & look for anyone with the last name Ferrucci.

Or if you're an avid Library searcher I would greatly appreciate someone thumbing through the old yearbook section. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey & can't do this myself.

Marnie :~)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM

342 posts, read 1,428,363 times
Hi Marnie: Someone told me that some libraries have old high school year books - I was trying to find one of my graduating class, because I threw mine out years ago, thinking I would never see any of those old friends again. Now they have contacted me for our 45th reunion and sent me a group photo from the 40th reunion and I don't recall many of the names and would like to have a reference.

I wish you luck on finding the photo. I went to school out there, but in Orange County, not LA. Sorry I can't help you. I wonder if the schools keep the old yearbooks? I wonder if old drivers license records would help - an address of where he resided might lead you to the right school.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 PM

My mother is offering little to no info about him. She mentioned that SHE had lived in the Modesto/Whittier area at the time. I'm on my own! My search for Joe Ferrucci "the person" was unsuccessful. Now I'm on a hunt for his picture & thought I could approach this from a new angle. I'm not even sure what high schools are in that county/area. He could have attended a private school.

I'm hoping someone would be willing to search the libraries, yearbook sections, in that area for me.

Thanks,
California transplant Jersey Girl...LOL

Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times
modesto/whittier? those are hundreds of miles away?

maybe montebello? and ferrucci, i assume thats italian. montebello and whittier both had a LARGE italian population during the 60's and 70's. both are more latino and asian now. but i think it might be the whittier/montebello area. those cities border each other.

there are a couple of high schools in the area. in the city of montebello there is Montebello, and Schurr, but schurr opened in the the 70's. if he went to private school, the only private school in Mntbllo would be Cantwell Sacred Heart, but back then it was just Cantwell (all boys), it was later merged with the neighboring Sacred heart of Mary girls school.

in whittier, there is California High, Pioneer(1959), La Serna(1960) and Whittier(1900).
as for other schools in the area. there is another Boys school, Don Bosco Tech. It was open by the time you were born.

good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFoxNJ View Post
My mother is offering little to no info about him. She mentioned that SHE had lived in the Modesto/Whittier area at the time. I'm on my own! My search for Joe Ferrucci "the person" was unsuccessful. Now I'm on a hunt for his picture & thought I could approach this from a new angle. I'm not even sure what high schools are in that county/area. He could have attended a private school.

I'm hoping someone would be willing to search the libraries, yearbook sections, in that area for me.

Thanks,
California transplant Jersey Girl...LOL

Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
I was trying to find one of my graduating class, because I threw mine out years ago, thinking I would never see any of those old friends again.
Not only do I still have my HS yearbooks, I even have my 7th and 8th grade books.

Hell, I even have all eight of my parents' yearbooks from Inglewood HS during the war years.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:57 AM

Dear The One,

Thanks you sooooo much for the school names. You were right, it is Montebello! Thanks for the correction!!!! That's proof I am a California transplan "Jersey Girl." I learned my speach dialect in Cali & people in Jersey still think I sound funny. I went back to Cali for 3rd grade. Then returned to Jersey. I don't miss the earthquakes!!! LOL

Thanks for your help!!!

P.S. I'm going to check with those schools to find out where their old yearbooks are kept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles