Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,564 times

Advertisements

First of all i know there is alot of debate between LA and NY but i had to make a separate thread for me because it is very important for me to have all the info.I am an international student near TO for 1.5 years now and i realized i wasted my money on a university for nothing and i decided to move to a CC next semester.Now the problem is simple, yet complicated...LA or NY?I have like 3 options in LA and 2 more in NY (Manhattan).I can't seem to decide.There are so many factors.I want to go to acting and modeling, especially modeling where i have experience.Also, i want to get a job (internship or something).Now from what i heard i may be better in NY because im not so laid back as others,i want to graduate as fast as possible and work in the real world.Plus NY is more europe oriented.Nightlife is better i think and there are more opportunities.What do u guys think?Of course i can be wrong about some of there.Thats why i need some people to tell me if NY is better for me or why not.I don't need superficial answers.Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 08:57 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Hi Daniel, I lived in both NYC (Queens, but go to & worked in Mahattan a lot) and LA (da valley). For your situation, I'd say NYC for sure! You're young, and NYC is a very exciting place to live. There's everything in Mahattan. You don't need a car. That place is only 10 miles long and maybe 4 miles wide. You can walk from the East side to the West side, or from midtown to the So Ho area really! There are 2 fashion/modeling design schools, I think they are Pratt & the FIT, I believe. I attended some GREAT parties at the FIT back then . The place is the fashion capital of the U.S. with lots of fashion & textile related companies/ jobs/ people with connections.

I grew up there and, back in high school & college years, summer/part time jobs were very easy to get. I'd usually find a job that pays decend within 2 weeks of looking. With so many people in that tiny place, there's just lots of service type of jobs available. I paid for my years of school & living expenses by driving the yellow taxi in the summer.

There are plenty of night life right there. You don't have to drive for hours just to go to one place. Hop into a taxi and you'll be there in 5 minutes, or anywhere in 15 minutes. Clubs & cafe shops open till 4 am. Perfect for young people but these days I get sleepy by 10pm

Go to NYC. You may not want to live there after you grow up, got married and have kids. But as a young person, this is the time to live that exciting life.

Good luck on your future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles